31: Make Your Move

The group of boys tried to cut off Song Min's path and called out several rude remarks. Song Min didn't place them in his eyes and didn't acknowledge what they were saying. He merely continued to walk to his own courtyard, fully engrossed in his own thoughts. This aggravated the other boys and one of the more aggressive ones shoved him roughly. If not for his recent increase in martial ability, Song Min would have been knocked down by this bully.

That little thing was suddenly beside him and became like a tiny ball of rage. Somewhere it had picked up a stick and between berating the others for behavior unbecoming young nobles he was swatting them on the hands and ears with shocking speed and precision.

Once he got over the initial shock, Song Min tried pulling the little thing away with him but it easily shook him off and continued the barrage of harassment.

While the scene was very interesting, it would soon attract unwanted attention. He directly grabbed the little one around the waist and walked away while it squirmed and spat out insults over Song Min's shoulder at the other teens.

The clouds seemed to suddenly crack as water poured down in sheets. It felt more like being under a waterfall than rain. Song Min's hands were full dealing with the boy, so his umbrella wasn't used.

Even after they returned to his room, the little one was still agitated so he set it down on the floor away from anything he didn't want to be broken. He then patted it a few times in a lame attempt to pacify the boy and went to put away his own wet coat. He rubbed his head a little with a towel as he walked to his desk.

He sat at his desk with the towel across his shoulders. Song Min picked up his pen to write but instead found himself observing the small, shaking lump of servant huddled on the floor clutching a stick, mumbling about those jerks.

"Put the stick outside, it's dirty. Then get dried off."

Two swollen red eyes looked up at him as if greatly wronged. Song Min's heart squeezed at the sight of the servant's sad face.

"Put the stick outside... Jia."

The face of the little thing took on a glow of happiness with sparkles in his eyes. At this moment, he looked so much like the previous version of Sen Jia, Song Min was startled. Even after he had left to do as he was asked, Song Min remained motionless in a daze. The pen that had fallen from his fingers rolled off the desk and dropped to the floor with a loud click.

Song Min's heart was struck. 

He was still in a daze when Jia returned. Song Min didn't seem to notice his presence or react at all as the boy got closer step by step. Jia was looking at Song Min curiously as he approached.

"Did you get a cold that fast?" Jia reached forward to test Song Min's forehead temperature.

The soft sensation of Jia's hand brushing across his face sent an electric jolt through his body, causing his heart beat to increase. Song Min was shocked out of his daze. He grabbed Jia's hand roughly.

"Wha..!" Jia gasped at the sudden pain in his hand. "I just wanted to see if you have a fever."

Dark eyes stared at him with some heat but the face was without any expression. This wooden face looks familiar, Jia thought happily.

"Song Min.... it hurts..." Jia said softly.

The two stared at each other for several long moments. Song Min hadn't released Jia's hand but he did lighten his grip. Only the sound of the pouring rain and soft breaths could be heard.

{Seventh, I really want to kiss him right now. Did his system come online? Is my little Shuai back?}

[The system is not online. He's not ready for that.]

{You sure? This wolf pup version of Song Min has got a really hungry look in his eyes.}

[He doesn't trust you. If you take the lead he'll likely assume it's some trick to seduce him.]

It seems I have to wait for him to make the first move. Sen Jia could only sigh heavily in his heart and wait a little more.

A/N Since Song Min has accepted the name Jia for the servant, I'll refer to him like that now. No more "it" or "weird thing" in Song Min's thoughts. Well, maybe just not as often. Don't fret Jia, Song Min has acknowledged you as human and he didn't scold you for calling his name. There's been progress. \ (•◡•) /