Chapter 11

You watched the moon above you, smiling as you stood. You stretched, brushing the snow from your hair. Your face scrunched in confusion at the dark sky, wondering how long you had been laying there. You looked to where you had been sitting, the circle of green grass in the middle of the snow. You slowly made your way back to your house, the snow crunching beneath you. As you walked up your driveway, you saw your mother exiting the house and making her way to her car with a solemn gaze.

"Mom! Hey!" You smiled at her, but she didn't seem to hear or see you as she got into the car. Her hands clutched the steering wheel before she let out a yell and punched it, a honk admitting from it. You jumped, staring in confusion as she slowly pulled out and drove away. A few seconds after, your father dashed outside, sighing heavily as he saw the car gone, running a hand through his hair. You called to him as he came down the sidewalk towards you. "Hey, Dad. Did...did Mom have a bad day at-"

Your words were cut off as he walked through you.

Your breath was caught in your throat as you staggered back, your father continuing his way down the drive way and to the mail box, in which he opened to hold several gifts and envelopes. Your eyes caught onto something each of the items said.

"We're sorry for your loss."

You began to panic, falling backwards as your father passed through you once more. You let out a scream as you backed into the grass, clutching your body closer to yourself. You fell onto your butt, and your eyes locking onto the full moon that illuminated the dark skies. You sat up, your eyes remaining glued to it. And as you stood, you couldn't help yourself but begin walking. You didn't know where you were walking, but your legs carried you somewhere, so you didn't hold back. You found yourself at the cemetery, stopping in front of a tombstone with your name engraved into its surface. Your bent down, allowing your digits to graze over the carved words, hands shaking. You closed your eyes, trying to remember what had happened. And as soon as you closed your eyes too, it all left your head. Every memory slipped your mind until there was nothing but a voice.

You are the guardian of Spring.

A/n- IM NOT DEAD GUYS!!!