Prologue

You stepped outside of your house and walked to the small field in your neighborhood. "Jamie, come inside!" You yelled to your brother, who was in the middle of the open space, making a snowman.

"No, thanks! I wanna keep playing with my new friend!" He didn't even give you a second glance. You pressed your lips together in concentration, before letting out a sigh.

"Little shit..." You whispered, then looked around, your face falling in confusion. "Where's your friend?"

"Jack had to go do something but he's coming back!" Your brother had always had imaginary friends. Currently, it was Jack.

"You do you...I'm just gonna read over there." Pointing to a bench before waving the book in the air.

"No, (Y/N)! Play with us!" He yelled and you felt a snowball hit you.

"Seriously, Jamie?" You snapped as your book fell into a puddle of dirt, the pages instantly soaking in the brown water.

"That wasn't me! Tell her, Jack-"

"This is a library book! Now I need to pay, like, fifteen dollars." You groaned, pulling it out. "Ew." You said flatly.

"Jack, go say sorry!" You heard Jamie retort, but you ignored him as you started towards your house.

"I'm going inside. Have fun playing with your friend." You heard a crunching of snow and felt a snow ball to your nape. You turned to Jamie, his hands covering his mouth in shock as he stared at you. "You really want to play?" You asked and leaned down to ball of some snow. "Fine, let's play." You suddenly smirked. "Snowball fight!" You yelled, throwing the snow in your hands at your brothers face. He tumbled back and started giggling like crazy. He screamed and ran to hide behind a tree. You balled up another and threw it at a branch, causing a pile of snow to dump over him. You chuckled evilly at your brothers screeches before leaping onto the bench. "Goaaaaaaal!" You cried, jumping up and down at your victory.

"Nice aim, Snowflake." You heard a voice chuck behind you and froze. You turned to look at your brother who was beaming behind you.

"Jack! Meet (Y/N)!"