39

"Your highness, it's 10AM, the palace has open. When is your highness thinking of leaving?" A guard respectfully called out to King, jolting him from his state of mind temporarily.

...

Despite what King Dai had originally thought, when his request to have two official wives were graciously granted by the Emperor, instead of joy, he felt like cold water had just been pour on him.

'What do I do now?!' King Dai thought to himself as he squeezed the list of names tightly in his hand.

...

Even late into the night, King Dai was still not able to think of a solution to the problem.

So, as he sat in Tian Mi's room, with every sip of tea, he would sigh depressingly afterwards.

"Your highness, if you have any worries, please share the burden with me. If there is anything that I can do to alleviate it even a little bit, even if it demands my life, I am willing." Tian Mi softly spoke with a sad expression.

Upon seeing such a gloomy expression on Tian Mi's beautiful face, King Dai sigh again and shook his head before saying with exhaustion, "It's Dai Yun. This King does not know how, but somehow, he was able to punish all those who had slander Tian Shu's name and instill enough fear in the slaves, that now, none of them dare to openly say anything bad. This King does not know what to do, Yun demands that since he accomplished his tasks, this King must make him the official heir... This King can refuse, but I have already boldly declared it in front of so many people. The Tian family will probably not be happy either, if I don't complete my promise. What can this King do?"

With everything that happened, Tian Mi became even more on guard than usual, so she had already heard about all this since this morning and waited patiently for this moment.

"My King, since Dai Yun has been able to complete what he promised. I think he is qualified to be the heir, I'm sure Hein will also be understand. As long as your highness agrees and is happy with it, my children and I will always support you whole heartily. But, if your highness still feels some discomfort with this path, then pardon this queen for suggesting this, but maybe turning to a seer may lighten your highnesses' heart a bit. I believe master Xou has return from his travels. If your highness agrees, why not ask him to ask the spirits?"

With the mention of Master Xou, King Dai was finally reminded that Dai Yun was a curse and needed to be sacrifice on mount Zuzhou. It also made him thought about all the events that had happened since Dai Yun returned safely from his travel to mount Zuzhou.

"Dai Juin's permanent injury, governor Yu dying in the Dai manor, Tian Shu being imprisoned, the Tian family's threats, and the heir seat being switch... didn't this all come from Dai Yun?" King Dai widen his eyes as he asked Tian Mi.

Seeing that King Dai had remember what she wanted, Tian Mi lowered her head and timidly reply, "I... I'm sure that they were all just coincidences."

"Nonsense! coincidences are one-time accidents. If something repeats, it means it's fated. All those horrible things that had happen... they're all his fault. Damn it!" King Dai slammed his fist on top of the table.

With a pretentious, frighten, quiet shriek, Tian Mi dropped to her knees and pleaded, "Your highness, please calm your anger. Maybe everything truly were just coincidences, ....even if by some fate they were not, how can our family send Dai Yun back to mount Zuzhou without the Emperor knowing? Please calm your anger, don't let this affect your health."

Tian Mi's words were true. The Emperor did indeed prohibit entry into mount Zuzhou. The first time that King Dai sent Dai Yun there was in secret, so when Dai Yun came back and made a big scene about almost being assassinated there, King Dai was slightly worry that word of it will leak out to the Emperor. Thankfully, it didn't. So now, having experience that fear once, he did not want to risk sending Dai Yun there again secretly and have him miraculously come back, but this time report to the Emperor instead of the Dai Manor.

Again, being stuck between a hard place and a rock, King Dai rubbed his forehead.

'what to do. what to do' King Dai thought and thought.

Seeing that the King had completely forgotten that every decade the Emperor, Empress, princes, princess, kings, queens, lords, monks, etc. would go up mount Zuzhou to perform a ritual to reinforce the seal on a demon locked away there, Tian Mi lightly patted the back of the King's hand and told him, "your highness, don't put your health at risk over this. It could all be coincidences, you must take care of your health, after all, aren't you going on an expedition with his Majesty soon. Since all the other Kings will be there, your highness must maintain your health."

With that, the King was again finally reminded that every 10 year, the Emperor would invite a few powerful monks and priest to reinforce the seal on the demon that was sealed on mount Zuzhou. Only at this time would the Emperor permit people to enter mount Zuzhou. All kings and high officials are required to attend, with so many high-power people around, it really is a perfect target for assassins, so if a measly young master were to die there, who would ask any questions.