20

With Tian Shu locked away and Dai Juin locked in his wing, the next few days progressed by smoothly and in the blink of an eye, Dai Li's birthday celebration had arrived.

"Make sure all the ribbons and flowers are hung... are all the food prepared? What about the performers?"

Everyone in the Dai manor frantically ran about, hastily completing last minute things.

Even kitchen madame Qian, who usually just gave orders and lounged around, was busy with errands left and right.

When the last of the decoration and food was completed, all of the invited guests had already arrived to the grand garden.

About an hour after the arrival of the last guest, the first of the imperial family arrived. As the imperial family's carriages approached the Dai manor's gates, all of the guest and the King along with his whole family, except Xu Ming who was still in the Kitchen, went to welcome the imperial family.

Once the grand carriages came to a stop, the leading eunuch proudly announced, "Announcing the arrival of the first prince: Prince Yi Yuhan, the second prince: Prince Yi Wuhan, the sixth prince: Prince Yi Lan, the third princess: Princess Yi Feimin, and the imperial grandson: Yi Yuzhu"

As the door of the first carriage opened, a handsome, tall, tone, muscular man with slightly bronze skin exited with an adorable, tiny boy in his arm.

As the little child glance across the field filled with people with his striking, bright silver eyes, a small pout appeared on his cute little face.

"Papa, let me down. I'm already 4, I can walk. It's embarrassing for you to carry me." The little child eloquently pouted to his father.

However, instead of putting the child down, the tall, slightly bronze skinned man, just smiled at the boy and ruffed his shoulder length black hair a bit and carried the boy down the carriage steps.

Once the two were firmly on the ground, another tall, beautiful man with great features and fair skin exited out of the carriage and quickly stood next to the two with a small smile on his face.

"Yuzhu, why would you be embarrassed?! Who would dare tease you in front of me, your imperial uncle, and your father?" The tall beutiful man told the pouting child.

Hearing their conversation, King Dai let out an awkward cough before politely approaching the trio.

"Your highness prince Yi Yuhan, Your Highness Prince Yi Wuhan, imperial grandson, this subject is grateful that you made the time to attend this subject's daughter's humble celebration. Imperial grandson, Prince Yi Wuhan is right, please don't feel embarrass. Everyone present highly respects you and your father, Prince Yi Yuhan. No one would dare disrespect you." King Dai greeted the three and reaffirmed the second prince's statement to the little boy.

After Prince Wuhan politely greeted King Dai back, the King then politely left to go greet princess Feimin and Prince Lan.

As the tall, slightly bronze skinned man glanced towards the direction where the King headed to, a pair of pretty, bright brown eyes locked onto his.

"The King's daughter is deserving of the title of most beautiful in all of Kaihua. Don't you agree?" Wuhan asked Yuhan with a faint, probing smile.

As Yuhan indifferently scanned the girl from head to toe, he sees her cheeks begin to turn a slight pink then watched as she politely bowed to princess Feimin and turned to make her way towards them.

However, instead of waiting for Dai Li, as soon as Yuzhu's nanny and maids exited out of the servant's carriage, Yuhan immediately turned and walked into the Dai manor without even giving Dai Li a single nod of acknowledgement.

Staring at the back of Yuhan and Yuzhu's retreating figures, a full smile bloomed on Wuhan's lips. The smile amplifying his already delicate features even more and causing the hearts of all of the girls present to thump as blushes creeped up their faces.

Dai Li on the other hand, disheartenly casted her head down and stopped in her tracks.

...

Since the Emperor had yet to arrive, even though all the preparations were completed, the celebration could not start yet.

When Yuhan received the invitation for Dai Li's celebration, he naturally wanted to turn it down. However, before he could, the Emperor ordered him to come and Yuzhu also wanted to come. So he reluctantly agreed to attend.

Some minutes after entering the Dai Manor, Wuhan was naturally pulled away by some officials and Yuzhu ran off with his nanny and maids to explore the manor, leaving Yuhan alone by the edge of a clean, green pond.

Since Yuhan had already officially declared his withdrawal from the throne and was not one to talk much, after greeting him, all the official quickly left to either to go curry favor with the second prince or the sixth prince.

Now there was occasionally, a group of girls who would come by, wanting to approach him, but after a few minutes and Yuhan had yet to acknowledge their presence, none of them had the courage to bother him.

...

As Yuhan continued to just aimlessly stared at the tiny fishes' swimming about in the pond, a soft, delicate voice intruded into his space.

"Your highness, Prince Yi Yuhan." Dai Li bashfully called out.

...

Like all the servants and maids Xu Ming had been busy with the final preparations for Dai Li's celebration all day long. It wasn't until close to noon, when everything had been finalized, that Xu Ming could rest.

Since most of the guest had arrived quite some time ago, Xu Ming wasn't surprised to see that massive number of guests present in the large garden. However, he was curious why the celebration had not started yet.

There were refreshments and light music playing in the background, but the main birthday girl and the important people were nowhere to be seen.

Just as Xu Ming thought to himself, 'Are they planning on hosting it somewhere else?', a familiar beautiful, fair face caught his eyes.

As a quick bright flash of silver appeared then disappear from Xu Ming's eyes, he sees the fair skinned beauty hastily make his way towards the garden's pond with an anxious expression.

---

During the first few years when Xu Ming was sealed away, he was set on revenge and spent his every waking moment cursing the Yi family, especially that man. But, after reflecting for a few decades his anger resided and all wanted was to either just disappear or reincarnate. He even promised himself that if he was given the chance to reincarnate, he will not waste his life seeking revenge and instead focus on living his life to the fullest.

Staying true to his promise, ever since Xu Ming was revived, he made no attempts to come into contact with those people and simply continue to find ways to improve his life.

However, now that he's staring straight at the familiar fair skin beauty, it'll be a lie if he said that he felt absolutely no anger inside of him. 

A/N: Thank you to all those who politely and kindly corrected and pointed out my grammar errors. I feel like I was able to grown as a writer because of you.  Unfortunately, I probably will not have time to make the edits anytime soon. So if you're annoyed with the grammar errors for this specific book, is a fan of the book, and would like to edit it --> Message me. :)