24

Seeing that the old censor has raised his voice, the Emperor also glanced towards King Dai and gave him a questioning look too. Seeing the Emperor take his stance, all the invited officials and guest naturally followed.

"This official agrees with his great majesty. When this official learned of the young lord being the one who brew tea for the guests, your highness King Dai had stated that the boy did that of his own accord. However, based on what the young master had stated today, this old official does not know how to take King Dai's previous words." An official who usually buds heads with King Dai quick chimed in, causing everyone in the crowd to turn their full attention and scrutinizing gaze to King Dai.

The questioning looks from the Emperor along with the judging and mocking eyes of all the guests present caused cold sweat to cover King Dai's whole body and his old heart to palpitate irregularly. He did not know what to say to satisfy all the eyes that were on him. If he said that Dai Yun was lying, the officials that had arrived earlier, had personally witness Dai Yun working as a servant. On the other hand, if he stated that Dai Yun was just spouting nonsense, Dai Yun would have to cooperate and not plead the Emperor to investigate. Once it is found out that he lied, his head and family would fall. Not only that but his reputation as a benevolent and just King is also at risk.

Thankfully before King Dai could come up with a solution, Tian Mi helped cover for him.

"I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding, and this queen begs for forgiveness from the Emperor and Empress for showing such a scene in their presences. Ever since Dai Yun was little, his mental health has never been too well. He was also a very lethargic child. Therefore, Dai Yun couldn't participate in strenuous sports like his brothers. This worried King Dai very much, so in order to allow him to become healthy, a wise doctor suggested encouraging him to do minor housework. That way it will not strain his body yet still toughen it. Sigh... It is such a shame thou... Dai Yun this queen had no idea that you thought all of the things that we had done to help your health came from ill will. That breaks this queen's heart. Please don't think of yourself as a servant and that this family has intentionally treated you badly, you are a son of this family." Tian Mi stated with a broken-hearted tone as tears glistered from her big innocent brown eyes.

"Mother, it's his fault that he could not recognize your good intention. There are always those who don't know how to appreciate those who are good to them." Dai Hein coldly snorted as his eyes narrowed coldly at Xu Ming.

Watching Tian Mi's "I am the good and pitiful one" performance, Xu Ming really wanted to applaud her again for being able to shift the crowd's thinking with her "reasonable" words. She was even able to paint Dai Yun as the ungrateful brat. Nonetheless, since Xu Ming really wasn't Dai Yun, instead of accept Tian Mi's words quietly and nicely apologize to her and King Dai, Xu Ming knelt down and kowtow.

"Dai Yun was wrong. Dai Yun truly had no idea that all those times Dai Yun was forced... Ah excuse me... asked to washed the servant's laundry, prepare and carry tea to my younger siblings even thou I am oldest, serve food for the servants and maids, and forced... Ah... made to eat the servant's leftovers along with being left to sleep in a tiny rundown room without even a simple drawer, was because Father King and Queen Tian was looking out for Dai Yun's well-being. Dai Yun has truly been ungrateful. All this time Dai Yun had thought that Father king and Queen Tian treated Dai Yun worst than a servant just because of dislike towards Dai Yun. Who would have thought that Queen Tian had been so considerate? Dai Yun really would like to thank Father King and Queen Tian for thinking so much of Dai Yun!" Dai Yun stated with a tone and expression similar to the tone and expression Tian Mi used before.

Hearing Xu Ming's words and seeing the expression on his face Yuhan was slightly reminded of a person that he knew over 100 years old. That little vindictive puppy would always make sure to get back at everyone and anyone who crossed him regardless of their age, but that person is no longer among the living. So, the reminder of it only prompted him to chug down the wine in front of him.

On the hand, the other guests and the Emperor and Empress were baffled by Xu Ming's statement. They all thought, "He was definitely being mistreated. What fool would believe that type of treatment of a person was out of kindness and care for their well-being! Even a dog knows better."

The changing and cringing expressions of everyone in the area did not escape King Dai's vision and could not help but turn red from embarrassment and anger.

"You!!!" King Dai shouted to a still kneeling Xu Ming.

But thankfully before King Dai could finish his cursing, Queen Tian emphatically interjected.

"Dai Yun.... sniff... this is my fault. I should have paid more attention to the maids and servants. How could they treat a young master of the house in such a cruel way. This Queen truly had no idea this was happening. You should have brought this to King Dai and my attention sooner my child. My heart breaks for all the suffering that you have faced. This queen will personally investigate all those servants and maids properly."

"Queen Tian's correct, for servants and maids of the household to dare treat their master in just a way. They must be severely punished." The Empress quickly chimed in.

"My Empress's words are reasonable. This matter must be investigated and those servants and maids will be punish. For now, today is a joyful occasion, since that matter is settled. Start the celebration again!" The Emperor nonchalantly added before any other officials or Dai Yun could say anything else.

Xu Ming of course was not content with how things end, but if he chooses to forced the situation even more, it might not be good for Dai Yun if he chose to return to the Dai Manor. So, Xu Ming unwillingly held in all his words and just cursed the Yi family even more in his heart.