Dream A Little Dream Of Me- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Look, I'm sorry. We don't know what's causing it and because of that, we can't treat him. We just have to hope he wakes up soon." The doctor said before he left, along with the nurse.

"No, please wake up," You said, getting tears and walking over to your dad. You sat on the edge of his bed and grabbed his hand. "Please, I need you to wake up." Dean and Sam shared a look before Dean nodded.

"Okay, I found out where Bobby was staying when this all happened. We should go check it out." Dean said, touching your shoulder.

"You two go. I'm staying here." You said, not budging.

"Look, sweetheart, there is nothing you can do for him right now. I'm just as scared as you are but the best thing for him is to check out his place. There is a reason this happened to him, okay? We'll come by later and if he wakes up before then, the doctor has our number." Dean said gently. You looked at him and then back at your dad.

"You're right." You whispered, letting go of Bobby's hand and getting up. Dean put an arm around your waist as he led you out of the room, Sam going first. You looked back at Bobby right before the door closed and sighed.

"He's going to be alright," Dean assured you.

"I know." You whispered back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and the Winchesters entered the room Bobby was staying in before and you looked around. Right off the bat, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary but you knew he had his secrets. You just needed to find them.

"So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?" Sam asked.

"Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation..." Dean trailed off.

"No, he must have been here for a case. I mean, when does he ever leave his house?" You asked, making your point. You walked around the room and scanned the room.

"Well, you'd think there'd be some sort of sign of something, you know?" Dean stated. You walked to the bedside table and opened the drawer but nothing worthy was inside of it. Sam and Dean looked through the drawers of the dresser but nothing came up.

"I mean, research, news clippings, a fucking pizza box or a beer can, you know? This place is clean." Dean sighed. You looked over at Sam who walked to the closet. He opened the door but Bobby's clothes were hanging inside.

"How about this?" Sam asked, pushing the clothes to the side, revealing a wall completely covered in news clippings, maps, and pictures of everything Bobby was working on. You and Dean walked over to Sam to get a better look at it all. Upon closer examination, the pictures were of roots, mushrooms, seeds and also a map where your dad wrote "Pittsburgh" on it and underlined it. There were also post-it notes with addresses and numbers on it.

"Good old Bobby, always covering up his tracks." Dean chuckled.

"You make heads or tails of any of this?" Sam asked you and Dean. You reached inside and took a piece of paper, reading the headline.

"Silene Capensis. That means absolutely nothing to me. You?' You asked the brothers and they shook their heads.

"Here, this is an obit," Sam said, taking a newspaper clipping and reads it out loud as he skimmed it.

"Dr. Walter Gregg, 64, university neurologist."

"What killed him?" You wondered.

"Um... actually, they don't know. They say he just went to sleep and didn't wake up."

"That sound familiar to you?' Dean asked, taking the clipping from Sam and reading it himself.

"Okay, then my dad was hunting something but instead of him getting it..." You trailed off.

"...it got him," Dean finished for you. "Alright, stay here. See if you two can make heads or tails out of this."

"Where are you going?" You asked Dean as he put on his jacket and grabbed his keys.

"I'm gonna look into the good doctor myself," Dean said with a smile before leaving the room. You sighed and turned back to the closet, taking down the rest of the articles and sitting at the table before reading them.

"Hey, about earlier, I'm sorry for acting like an ass," Sam spoke up. You looked up at Sam who was staring at you with apologetic eyes.

"Forget it." You looked back down at the papers.

"No, I'm serious. You were trying to tell me something and I acted like a dick to you. Did you happen to want to talk about it now?" Sam moved from the closet and took a seat next to you. You looked up and sighed, staring into his eyes. You knew he was sorry and you placed the clippings on the table before clasping your hands together.

"I might be a witch."

"Whoa, did Ruby say that to you?"

"Yeah, she did and I know I shouldn't trust anything she says. I don't even like her. But, she made it seem like I could. Like, she knew more than me."

"But isn't a witch only come into being by generations?"

"Yeah, she told me my mom was a witch. But she would have told me if she was, right?" You asked, your eyes wide with uncertainty.

"Well, maybe not. You were only eight when she died. I wouldn't spring that on my kid." Sam tried to defend your mom.

"I guess but Ruby also said something else to me," You said, meeting Sam's eyes again. You continued without his reply. "She said I was a vessel, as in someone wants to possess me."

"Did she say who?"

"Some woman called The Darkness. I don't know, I kind of just blew her off. She even said that The Darkness might not be real. She only heard rumors of this Darkness. She said that is why I could do magic without spells or herbs."

"Maybe she might be telling the truth," Sam said.

"Then that would mean my whole life, everything I know is a lie. I can't deal with that right now. As much as I hate Ruby, I looked into my family's history, you know, curiosity."

"Did you find anything?" Sam asked, interested in what you had to say.

"Just that my ancestors were from Salem, like the Witch Trials. But, then again, most of the witches that were burned, weren't even witches. So, I don't know what to think of all this. I want to talk to Dean about this but he would just deny everything I have to say. I don't think he likes the idea of me being a witch. But I don't know what other explanation I have for the things I can do." You confessed.

"We'll figure it all out. Once Dean..." Sam couldn't say the words and you didn't want him to. "We'll have time to figure it out. You and me, okay?"

"Thanks, Sam." You nodded with a small smile. You and Sam got back to looking at the research your dad did which took a long ass time. You had no idea what he was hunting and why he was so interested in planets all of a sudden. It must have been important if it was on the board.