chapter 37

Calvin

"Okay so you are Mr. Ray Martins, 47 years old, and was in the army. Am I right?" I looked up from the file to the middled aged man before me in my office.

"That's right sir" he nodded back.

"Okay, you are hired. You are gonna be my wife's personal bodyguard, understood?"

"Yes sir".

"You are dismissed, you job begins now. She's at home now" I said, waving him away.

I picked up my phone. "Cherry my office, now" I spoke into the phone and dropped it immediately.
In less than a minute, Cherry showed up, a bit of fear written on her face.

I heard about her and Colton all over the news, they are trending as hashtag two on twitter.

Please do not ask me what hashtag one is coz you should know by now.

"So Cherry i heard that you are dating Colton. Is that true?".

A big feeling of fear swept across her face as she nodded quietly.

"Young lady you know i prefer when you use your words" I said to her rather calmly.

"Y..yes sir, we are dating. But I'm sorry sir, please don't fire me. This is the best firm in the country. No body pays like you. Please I beg you sir" she rambled on and on.

I held out my hand to her and she immediately shut her mouth.

"Of course Cherry, this is the best firm in the country, no other firm pays as much as me but that's not why I called you" I continue saying calmly.

"So Cherry i don't think I want you as my secretary anymore even though you are the best" and with that she fell on her knees, rubbing her hands.

"Sir I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. Please don't do this to me. I don't have any other place to work. I beg you" she was already on the verge of tears, I even saw a tear fall off her eyes.

"Calm down Cherry, I'm not done. I don't want you as my secretary anymore because you are my new estate manager" her mouth formed into a big 'O'.

"In this firm, you are the best and you have worked for me for seven years. You need a promotion and besides it's not gonna be very appropriate if Colton's girlfriend is my secretary, he has a lot of reputation to uphold. You are my new estate manager, you will be earning ten times your former salary"

"Jesus Christ, oh my god, thank you so much Sir, what would I have done without you, thank you, thank you so much" she was already shedding tears of joy.

Never knew i was this kind hearted.

Ava

I heard the door bell ring and I made my way out of the sitting room to the door. The house was very quiet. Bridget went to pay her daughter a visit. Bethany has gotten her own apartment. I didn't have any reservations today so I told Ember to come over.

So it might be her.

I opened the door with a grin until I saw who was behind the door and my smile dropped. I widen my eyes in shock as I couldn't believe my eyes

"Yes that's right Ava, guess what, im you new personal bodyguard" I gasp loudly moving back.

And guess who it was??

My father!

He found me.

And he found me through Calvin of all people. How could he not know?

I move back in fear as he comes closer, an evil smirk placed on his lips the whole time.
"Madam, Mr. Ray Martins at your service" he says bowing before erupting into a loud laugh.