chapter 31

"What did you want to tell me?" I ask staring into his beautiful green eyes. His expression darkens just a little before he smiled slightly.... Just slightly.

"Uhmm, it's about uhmm Bethany" I furrows my eyebrows, looking at him in confusion before letting out a loud gasp.

"Oh my Godddd, who is Bethany?, Is Bethany your ex wife, she has a child for you? No I can't stand that, it's so impossible, you can't just tell me you had a child with someone els...."

"Ava, Bethany is my step sister" he says, and I heave a sigh of relief very audible for him to hear. He smiles at me.

"But wait, you have a step sister? Since when?" Like why am I just knowing now. Nobody seemed to know.

"Well is a long story, Bethany kinda didn't regard me and mom as family, she was always daddy's girl, when dad died, she went into shock and lost her memory" I gasp, covering my mouth. The sound of amnesia brought shivers down my spine. I always put myself in the shoes of people whose loved ones would wake up and didn't remember them. And I realize it's painful to bear.

"She moved to Manila Philippines where I bought her a coffee shop, she thanked me so much thinking it was charity but not knowing I'm her brother, I felt bad, even when mom died, she still couldn't remember, I stopped caring, coz I mean on a normal day she didn't even care about me or mom. The day you were supposed to go for your therapy, she finally remembered and wanted to see me, that's why I had to leave that day"

Ohhhh, it all meant sense now. He wasn't happy he was leaving me that day coz he didn't want to go.

"At least she apologized for everything she did before the memory loss. I forgave her. Not something i do always but she's my step sister. Her coffee shop is now the best around there" I nodded my head.

"The big part is..." I turn to him immediately. I was getting scared. Did she says she doesn't like me and now he's gonna break up with me?? No no no he wouldn't do that. Would he?

"The big part is .... She's moving to London and she wants to stay with us for a while before she settled down, I told her I needed your permission first" he said smiling. Sweet man.

I smiled back at him. "Are you kidding me? She can come Cal. It's fine with me. Is she nice?"

"Yeah she is now, you sure ?" I nod before smiling.

"Yeah totally sure, she can. I don't have Friends so we can bond" he smiles at me and wraps me in a breath taking kiss. He's really good at what he does.

******

I walk into my studio and find Ember behind her desk. She looks up to see me and stands immediately, slightly bowing.

"Good morning ma'am" I smile at her.

"Ember you can call me Ava, please" she frowns.

"I'm sorry ma'am, Mr. Bates would fire me" I furrows my eyebrows before smiling and shaking my head. I tried. I walked into my office and settle down.

"Ma'am, you have a customer in fifteen minutes. She has already chosen the food she wants prepared from our collection and would here soon." I give her a nod.

I have missed cooking. It's my passion and I'm happy I start it again. I shriek in happiness.

I walk out the elevator of Calvin's company heading to his office now. I had finished my work for today and left every other thing in Maria's hands, three people at a go and trust me I enjoyed every moment. I didn't want to go home so I decided to come see Calvin.

I walk to his office and see Cherry behind her table looking very focused. She looks up and sees me before breaking into a smile.

"Hi Cherry" I said waving to her. She smiles at me before furrowing her eyebrows and opening her mouth in shock, her eyes popping out of its sockets.