"Oh Nik, I love you girl. But seriously, you need to be careful. This isn't just some old Alpha coming.."

I stayed silent, waiting for her to finally reveal just who the hell was coming into our territory. There isn't very many packs around, the only ones in the west are Raven's Cape which is high up in the mountains and their Alpha is in his late sixties so that has to rule him out if he isn't 'old' according to Maddie. Everest Ridge is definitely out of the question, they are too far out and would have to cross Red Dawn's territory to get here. There is no way the Alpha of Red Dawn would allow another Alpha to cross this time of night and from the sounds of it, on such short notice. If Alpha John is just now making preparations and assigning new patrols, there is no way this was a planned meeting.

"Nik.. it's the Alpha of Red Dawn.."

That one sentence was enough to make my blood run cold. The Red Dawn's Alpha is coming...here? Why? What could he possibly want? Chills ran down my spine as I thought of the Alpha. Red Dawn was a pack notorious for their cruel and quick judgement. They weren't murderous, but they were definitely more prone to violence than any other pack around. They also happen to be the biggest pack around. Having over Two hundred wolves in total. Half of them being hardened trained warriors. Our pack was big but it didn't even come close to their numbers. Right now we only have eighty six pack members and fifty of them are unable to fight. A battle with a clan of rogues five years ago left our numbers low. In a single night we lost over sixty people. Mostly young warriors who just started training. Many children were also slaughtered before our pack was able to defeat them. Another shiver ran down my spine as I thought of how we beat them..

It had been utter chaos, houses burning to the ground, women and children trying to get to the bunker below the Pack house were slaughtered as they ran. Rouges tearing elders apart like rag dolls. I was fifteen years old, half way through my training as a Warrior. That night will forever haunt my dreams. The screams, the flames, the smoke..the blood. Blood was everywhere, soaking into the earth and staining it. Just as we thought all hope was lost, our numbers dwindling, our saving grace was the horde of Red Dawn warriors rushing in. They had seen the smoke, scouts witnessed the attack and their Alpha decided to intervene. Don't get me wrong now.. I was and am very thankful for their help. They truly saved our lives, but the sight of them still haunts me to this day.

Their warriors rushing in, most in wolf form while others fought in their skins. I stood frozen as I watched them ripping rogues apart, limb from limb as if they were simply baking a fucking cake. It was as easy as breathing for them. Rogues were dying left and right, their numbers falling into double digits. The Red Dawn warriors were drenched with the blood of rogues as they continued their slaughter. Most of the remaining rogues were trying to run but they didn't even make it to the tree line before their lives were swiftly ended.

As I stood there, feet frozen in place, eyes wide a snarl sounded from behind me. It seemed like everything took place in slow motion. My body turned slightly, my head following as I looked over my shoulder to see a giant wolf lunging towards me. I was still in human form as I had only shifted once before. I was far better fighting this way as I didn't have much experience fighting as my wolf. The rogues eyes locked with mine, pure fury was seen in his eyes. His body came crashing down on top of me, knocking the air out of my lungs. His giant paws were holding me down as he snarled and snapped his large jaws in my face. A strangled scream left my lips as his canines dug into my side, crushing most of the ribs on my left side and punctured my lung. My screams and cries became muffled as blood started running out of my mouth. I was desperately trying to shove him off me as I struggled to breath. My arms and legs pushing at his giant body. He released my side, snarling viciously in my face.

Just as his jaws aimed for my throat, his body was suddenly knocked off me. It was all a blur or dark grey bleeding into his rusty red. I could hear growls, snarls and the sound of snapping jaws as two wolves battled it out only a few feet from my motionless body. Slowly my head turned, eyes focusing on the fight. I watched as a massive dark grey wolf was tearing into the rogue, showing no mercy as he ripped off the rogues right front leg only to throw his head to the side, tossing the limb away. He continued to circle the rogue as it laid helplessly on the ground. I could feel my body patching itself up at a rapid rate. My werewolf healing was finally kicking in. My lungs were finally able to take in air normally, my ribs began to pop back into place, healing the bones one by one. Focusing back on the fight I noticed deep gashes with blood oozing out. The rogues left ear had been ripped off as well. As my eyes scanned its body I also noticed his left back leg bad been snapped, the bone sticking out in a crude and grotesque manner. The grey wolf lunged at the rouge again, tearing into his side. The sound of his rib cage cracking open sent chills through me as the rogue howled in agony. The grey wolf jumped back, letting the rogue suffer in pain as it tried to breath. What seemed like an eternity later, but was probably only minutes the dark grey wolf dove for the rogue, his large jaws clamping around it's throat. Biting down hard, a loud snapping sound was heard before he pulled back and ripped the rogues throat wide open. The rogue was no longer breathing, logic told me that his neck had been snapped before his throat was ripped out.