Chapter 33

The night was amazing. Keith was so happy he just couldn't stop smiling. Lance had said that he loved Keith.

Keith didn't say it back though. He wanted to but at the same time felt like it was too early into the relationship.

What if they break up? Then that "I love you" wouldn't have been real. It wouldn't have meant anything, at least in Keith's eyes it wouldn't have because love was something sacred to Keith. His trust had to be earned first then he would slowly start to feel what love was....  even if he denied it.

After the Ferris wheel they grabbed something to eat then headed out to leave.

Lance drove to Keith house and parked the truck in the drive way. They both got out of the car and walked up to the door. They stopped right at the door.

Keith looks at Lance. "Thanks I had a great time."

"Hey anytime, it was fun." Lance smiles at him.

It goes quiet.

"Well uh I better go inside." Keith messes with his hands out of nerves.

"Oh right, well I'll txt you later." Lance turns away.

Keith puts a hand on Lance's shoulder. "Wait." Lance turns around and looks at Keith.

Keith moves forward and kisses Lance quickly. He pulls away and blushes.

"Goodnight." He heads inside.

Lance has a slight blush on his face and he smiles. "Goodnight, keith." He goes back to his truck and heads home.

Keith walks into the house. Because of how late it is the house lights are off, Krolia and Jonathan should be sleeping as well.

Keith yawns and drags his hippo to his room. When he gets to his room he throws the hippo on the bed.

He changes into some comfortable clothes then gets into bed. He holds the hippo close to him and falls asleep.

Keith woke up early that morning. He took a shower and got dressed. He went down stairs and saw Krolia sitting on the couch with a picture in her hands.

She looks up at Keith with a sad expression. "Keith can you come sit down please."

"Uh yeah sure." Keith says confused and concerned.

He walks over and sits in a chair across from her.

"Is everything ok?" Keith looks at her.

She puts the picture down on the coffee table in front of them. "Where did you find this?"

Keith looks down at the picture. It was the picture of the babies he found in the storage room.

"I found it that day I wondered into the storage room...... who's the other baby."

She sighs and looks down. She pinches the bridge of her nose.

"You weren't suppose to ever find this."

"Why not? That's obviously me in the picture with another baby." Keith asks confused.

"Because then you would have known I lied."

Keith looks at her shocked. "What... what do you mean you lied?"

She picks up the picture. "I told you I had left you with Cole to make sure you had a roof over your head...... that was a lie..." she turns the picture towards Keith who is still in shock and not sure what to say.

"The other baby in this picture is your older brother, Takashi... He was a very sickly baby he needed all my attention. The attention that I couldn't give to you. That's why you both look around the same age... He was small."