8. | I Know Who I'm Looking At

Start from the beginning

Louis walked up behind me and patted me on the back. "Is she a hookup or is she gonna be around awhile?" he whispered, and I shot him a look that said 'what the hell?'. He lightly chuckled. "I'm glad to see you're doing well. She seems like an amazing woman. I highly recommend you don't mess it up," he said, smiling at me and walking back to the couch. They were all laughing and getting to know Chloe. So, I went and decided to join them, a sandwich in hand, of course. 

"Harry, lad, did you know Chloe went to Yale University?" Liam said, and I nodded. "She graduated with honours too, top of her class," I said, smiling at her. "Shit, maybe you can teach Harry some math or something," Niall teased, and I kicked him. "Very funny," I said, glaring at him. Chloe was laughing. "I wouldn't be much help in math. My degree was in journalism, not calculus," Chloe smiled, reaching out for my sandwich, but I pulled it away. "Harry, I'm hungry!" she whined, and I laughed. "There's food in the fridge," I said, and she rolled her eyes at me before walking over and making herself a sandwich. 

"That's no way to treat a lady," Niall smirked, and I rolled my eyes. "You guys are acting like we're fucking engaged. We're literally friends right now, and that's all that we are. Stop making such a big deal out of it," I told them, and Liam shrugged. "We know she likes you, its blatantly obvious. Why don't you just make your move?" Liam asked. "Well maybe I would have done that tonight while we were supposed to hang out, but we got some visitors, so our plans were changed a bit," I whisper-yelled. 

"I think she likes us," Louis said, reclining in his chair. "Of course she does, you're three of the most famous dudes on the planet, she's not gonna just tell you off and walk away," I said, and I immediately laughed. She actually would do something like that. "Well, regardless, Harry, I hope she's around long enough so you can at least write a decent song about her. Or, maybe you won't have to. Maybe she's it for you," Niall suggested. I shrugged. I hadn't really had time to think about anything like that. 

Once Chloe had come back from making her sandwich, we decided to keep playing video games and we ended up watching a couple of movies before the lads took off to catch their flights home and Chloe went back to her room to sort out her mess before we left in the morning. 

As for me? I was left alone in a big room with nothing but my thoughts.

________

"Harry Styles, everyone!" Jimmy Kimmel said, and I thanked the crowd and shook his hand. It was a great performance, and I had a great time, and now it was time to move onto the next city. 

I walked out of the studio and onto the bus, searching for Chloe. I couldn't find her anywhere. "Andrew, where's Chloe?" I asked, and his face softened. "The other bus," he said quietly. My face scrunched up. "What other bus?" I questioned. "We got another bus so she has her own space. We thought you guys were too crammed on this bus," Andrew said, and I shook my head. "Bullshit. It's just so we can't be seen together," I said angrily, throwing my phone at the couch. 

"Harry, you were spotted in a hotel lobby from a mile away and it caused a literal mob. We're not risking it anymore, especially not with her constantly at your side. This is for your own good," Andrew said, but I could tell he was sorry. This wasn't his call, it was just his job to tell me. I sat down on the couch and put my face in my hands. The bus began to move and my anger rose. 

I decided to text Chloe. 

To: Chloe

Hey. Sorry this wasn't my idea, it's just management pulling some stupid stunt and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it

I waited momentarily and then I got a response back. 

Hey, don't worry about it. I guess it gives me more time to work, and that way I can get out of everyone's hair faster. 

That's probably exactly what they fucking want, too. They couldn't care less about how either of us feel. At the end of the day all that matters is that she's working a job for me. 

Wait. Wait one second. She's working for me. All of these people work for me. I'm the one at the top of command here. Not them. 

And I don't want two tour buses.

And they're going to have to deal with that. 

___________

hey! 

hope you enjoyed the chapter! thanks for 100 reads :) means a lot to me!! 

lets get it to 200 (: 

much more to come, until then,

all my love,

haileexoxo