"you can come in"

Start from the beginning

emmie
7:57 pm
that sure would be something, huh?

emmie
7:57 pm
again, not eager, but i wouldn't complain if that were to happen

emmie
7:58 pm
what do you think might happen if that occurs?

calum
8:01 pm
well, you can never be completely sure

calum
8:01 pm
but i'm actually being dragged to a small christmas party... nothing extreme. just a couple of friends who are hosting a paint and sip night

calum
8:02 pm
but we know how you are around wine, so... if we bumped into each other, i wouldn't want anyone getting hurt

emmie
8:03 pm
do any of these friends know how to paint?

calum
8:04 pm
funny you should ask. they're actually just going to turn on a bob ross video and see who can do the best job

calum
8:04 pm
so, no: none of them know how to paint

emmie
8:06 pm
we might just have to bump into each other tomorrow

calum
8:08 pm
i could bump into your front door... at around 6:30?

emmie
8:09 pm
that sounds great to me

emmie
8:09 pm
not that i'm eager

calum
8:11 pm
i'm not going to lie

calum
8:11 pm
i'm a little eager

"Yes, Dad, I am positive that my car is running just fine." I smiled up at my dad as I assured him for the thousandth time that my car was in good shape. He finally let himself believe me, and he wrapped his arms around me as he engulfed me into a tight hug.

"I love you, Sonny."

"I know you do," I told him, smiling to myself. "I love you, too." My dad pulled away from me and then it was Mom's turn, then Wesley's, and finally it was Annie's.

"Come visit soon?" she asked and I nodded as I wrapped my arms around her. "Call me when you get home?"

"Don't I always?" I asked her and she laughed quietly, but kept holding me tight.

"If I talk to him... you'll be the first person I tell," Annie whispered as she spoke and I let out a breathy laugh, quietly telling her that I couldn't wait. "I love you, Emmie."

"And I love you, Annie," I said, taking her face in my hands and bringing her down to my height as I kissed her forehead. "I love you all very much."

"Drive safe, okay?" I nodded at my mom's request and I said my final goodbyes as I walked around to the front seat of my car and got in, waving to them before turning the key in the ignition. I backed out of the long driveway and started my journey, blasting 2005 Carrie Underwood.

. . .

"Yes, Cassidy, I'm seeing him again, tonight." A squeal was heard from the speaker of my phone as I busied myself with curling my blonde locks. It was already after six o'clock and I had spent all day nervously awaiting six-thirty. I had only talked to Calum a couple times today, mainly to give him my address and to ask what kind of attire I should wear.