Chapter 15 - Intuition

Start from the beginning

This is all her fault.

"This is all your fault," I managed to voice my words caused my Mother to flinch.

"Amelia, I - "

"No! This is all your fault, all of it!" I screamed at her, not really caring that she was my mother.

And with that I bolted awake, I sat up as fast as I could. I felt my eyes were wet from the crying and I was sweating.

"Woah!" Max said alarmingly as he looked at my state. He was beside me and I was at home, in Juneau. I tried take deep breaths to calm my ragged ones, but I wouldn't calm down.

Max just pulled me towards him , his hands twined around me, his hands were rubbed circles on my back as he rocked me.

"Shh, Amelia, calm down. I've got you, I'm not going anywhere," Max said to me assuringly, as I pathetically sobbed into his chest.

It was just a dream, I told myself. Max loves me and my mother is no longer around. Then why do I feel as if this dream feels like a premonition? I haven't had that dream since I was in Scotland, why am I having it all of a sudden?

I soon stopped my crying, happy to be in Max's arms and I looked up at him. It was like he was internally screwing himself, like it was his fault.

"Why are you looking like that?" I asked him, forgetting about my previous behavior. He arched an eyebrow to me in confusion. "Like you are screwing at yourself," I elaborated.

"You began to talk in your sleep saying something about 'It being all your fault,' and you were starting to whimper my name. I should've woken you up," he explained before asking, "What were you dreaming about anyway?"

I sighed, I really didn't want to talk about it but I hadn't really told anyone. Maybe it's about time I did.

"It starts with me waking up back in Scotland. Then you come in, and the way you look at me... its with so much hate and you say that you don't want me anymore and that I never did love you, that's why I left you. Then you'll leave and before I could come after you, someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turn to see it's my mother. She tells me not to cry, but I instead, shout at her saying that it's all her fault. That's when I wake up," I told him, my voice shaking as I retold my dream.

He didn't respond at first, he let go of me with one hand and cupped my cheek and wiped away my tears.

"I'm not going to leave you Amelia and I know you love me even a blind person can tell. As for your Mother, I know you don't hate her but I do know that you wish that she didn't make you leave me, but we have to let go of the past and look at our future," He said, his soft, gentle voice sent shivers up my spine.

I knew he was right, I knew that he wasn't going to leave me, but it just felt like something might happen. Everyone gets that gut feeling.

"I know you do Max. I know, I don't know why I had the dream. I only ever had that dream back in Scotland."

"It's going to be fine. I'm not going to leave you, I promise," Max vowed, he leaned forward to press his lips against my cheek to get rid of one last tear.

*

"Ready?" Ness asked me. I nodded, everyone seemed to notice my anxiety.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied and gave her a smile. She gave me a sceptical look, telling me she was not buying it.

"Don't give me that Amelia, chill. Everything is going to be fine, trust me and don't worry about Max. He isn't going anywhere. Plus you are making him worry about you. He's going to freak out." Ness told me. I sighed, she was right. I need to cut it out.