-real life and texts

EXTREME trigger warning for this chapter, summary is at the end!

♛♛♛

chris was once again spending the night at the holland apartment, it was pretty much his second home. bailey was already in bed and was playing gilmore girls on the tv in her room while chris had yanked his shirt and pants off.

he crawled into bed beside her and pulled her into his side, bailey rested her head in the crook of his neck. before the two knew it- it was nearing midnight and bailey was exhausted.

chris had shut off the tv and turned off the lights, leaving them to bask in each other.

chris brought his hand around her cheek and made her face him, before he pressed his lips to hers. she willed her eyes to flutter shut as she brought her arm up around his back.

they pulled apart and the smile chris shared had melted her heart with happiness, god was she ever in love with the man that was in front of her. "i love you to infinity." bailey spoke. "and i love you even more than that." chris shot back, causing bailey to roll her eyes and giggle.

the two shared their final goodnights and fell asleep.

it would soon be bittersweet.

♛♛♛

chris as per usual woke up before bailey, and turned over slightly to peer at the clock that read 10 am. bright sunlight glared into bailey's room, bouncing off of the walls.

he turned back over to wake his girl up, only to find her eyes slightly open and her mouth slightly ajar- her lips were tinted blue.

"holy fucking shit, bailey!?" chris shouted. he shook her body roughly before bringing her fingers up to her neck.

no pulse.

chris' body kicked into overdrive as he began to perform cpr. all he could do was scream for tom to wake up and hope that he heard his desperate cries.

tom quickly rushed into her room and froze once he saw what was happening.

"CALL 911!" chris shouted, his face streaked with tears and sweat.

time had passed by unbelievably fast. paramedics flooded into the apartment and shoved chris aside. all he could do was stand in the corner and watch them working feverishly on the woman he was going to propose to.

they eventually shocked life back into her heart and transferred her to a stretcher before rolling her out. tom stood just outside of her room, his hair was disheveled and his eyes were noticeably bloodshot.

tom made his way over to chris and weakly wrapped his arms around him, the two finally crying after realising just what the hell happened to bailey.

♛♛♛

group text to katie, nora, seb, scarlett, and rdj

tom:

hey guys, there's no easy way to put this- but bailey's in the hospital

it's really bad

you need to come

katie:

oh my god

i'm already on my way

seb:

nora and i will be there in ten

rdj:

you're kidding

you already know i'll be there as soon as possible

scarlett:

^ same goes for me

hang in there tom, and send the same to chris

♛♛♛

the large group waited.

and waited for what felt like hours until a cardiac doctor and a neuro fellow came out, and once chris saw their faces- he knew what they would say.

before they could open their mouths he felt the tears well up in his eyes, he felt katie take his hand in hers, and once he heard the word brain dead- he knew she wasn't in pain anymore.

the entire group was speechless, and all they could do was thank the doctors for their hard work before going to see bailey where they dreaded seeing her most.

chris' eyes flicked up as they walked down the long hallway, and he could've sworn he spotted bailey when she was healthy standing beside the nurse's station, offering him a comforting smile- but once he blinked she was gone.

he felt a rush of warmth spread through his body and rest in his heart- and he knew bailey was with him, and that she always would be.

♛♛♛

ARE Y'ALL CRYING AS MUCH AS I AM???
WELL GET READY FOR MORE!!

quick summary: chris and bailey spend what they never knew would be their last night together, and bailey accepts that she knows she doesn't have much longer. chris wakes up the next morning and bailey's heart had stopped, so they called the paramedics in hopes that she would be saved. tom had to let everyone know and the doctors had to tell them that bailey was brain dead. but chris knew bailey was with him.