Chapter 19: Cold Welcome

Start from the beginning

Ironwood: "I will not give you one of my men."

(F/N): "It's a good thing she's a woman then."

Ironwood: "You know what I mean."

(F/N): "Yes I do, and I can understand not wanting to lose someone under your leadership which is why I simply wish to talk with her."

Ironwood: "You mean so you can use the relic on her and find the Maiden. Well bad news for you, I don't know how to get into contact with her, my orders were for her to choose someone she trusted with a way to contact her."

(F/N): "Weiss... no, there's no way for them to get into contact... that leads to the question, who is she close to in Atlas?"

Ironwood: "You think I know?"

(F/N): "No, but you do know where her family lives, don't you?" Ironwood flenched his fist.

Ironwood: "If you remove the head of the Schnee Dust Company, do you have any idea what will happen?"

(F/N): "Oh I can imagine, don't worry, when I'm done the Schnee's someone will flock home, whoever lives through it can take over the company, I really don't care." He gets up and walks over to the general's desk. "I order you to give me the location of the Schnee home, and to not warn a soul about what I'm going to do."

Meanwhile, walking for days in the cold snow, Ruby shivers, the icy wind hitting her exposed skin, along with the others not dressed for the climate. Raven, still with a burning urge to kill (F/N), moved forward ahead of the others, Grimm lurked near, when they appeared Raven directed her hatred at them, cutting them down in a flash, the others couldn't even follow her speed. The snow was starting to pick up once more, forcing them to find some sort of shelter before they'd be unable to see in front of themselves, let only the railroad they followed towards Atlas.

With the use of Weiss' ice glyph, a large ice dome was formed around them and some trees, Jaune and his teammates harvested some wood and built a fire. The hollowing of the outside wind told them they would be stuck there for a while until the storm finally settles. Around the fire, it was silent except for the crackling of the wood, and Qrow's flask as he took it out for one last swig. Ruby looked around and saw the faces of her company, those that didn't display anger were showing disheartened faces, others no emotion, none that she could read.

Jaune: "How much longer?"

Raven: "However long it takes."

Jaune: "I mean, how much longer are we going to lose? Maiden powers? The relics?! What on Remnant do we possibly have to beat him?!"

Ozpin: "There is one thing they don't have." They all looked to him. "Silver Eyes."

(F/N) POV

I was cheerfully going through the Schnee manor, it was a nice place, a bit out of my taste but I like the space of the place. As I walk down the halls I sang a cheerful song, only stopping when I was rudely interrupted by a little pain in the ass that I decided to throw through a nearby window. But upon realizing that he was probably a Schnee, guessing by his white hair, I used my blood to grab him in midair and bring him back to me. I broke several of his bones and dragged him to his father, that was who I was looking for anyway, and threw the kid through several doors in an attempt to surprise Mr. Schnee.

This was, of course, the first time he'd get to meet me, Weiss' ex-boyfriend, after kicking his ass in I dragged him along in search of his wife. She too was beaten senseless while I ignored the servants, they had nothing to do with this as long as they stayed out of my way. And so I hung the semi-conscience three at the front entrance and waited on the staircase for Winter or Weiss to show up, either of which is fine, I'll just use one to get what I want from the other. There was just one thing that started to get to me, the waiting, I just sat there waiting for something to happen, someone to throw open the front doors and play hero. I waited long enough that I started chatting with one of the butlers who was keeping the Schnee's fed, and we got on a first name basis.