He snatched his gun from its holster and stepped back from the door. He unlock the gun's safety mechanism as he holds it in between his hands, pointed up to the ceiling.

He kicked open the door and aim his firearm forward, expecting to see the wanted criminal.

Cold dread washes over him as he was met with the sight of an unconscious Geno, lying unmoving on the floor.

Sh*t!

Death was instantly by his side and putting the gun back in its place, completely forgetting about the safety protocol to secure the area first. His mind was set to immediately aid Geno.

Death slipped his hands under Geno and gently cradled the latter's limp body in his arms. He carefully shook the smaller skeleton's shoulder. "Geno!? Geno, wake up!"

No response.

"Geno, please!"

He tried tapping Geno's cheek and was alarmed at the intense heat radiating off of his bare bones.

He's burning up!

Geno stirred and groggily opened his eye. His vision blurry and everything was spinning making him dizzy and nauseous. "Death?" his voice was weak, barely audible.

"I'm here. I'm here." Death reassured as he tenderly caress the other's cheek, painfully aware of the intense heat radiating off the other. "Are you okay? What happen-?" Death was cut off when Geno suddenly gagged. His hand automatically flew to cover his mouth.

Death caught the signal, lifted Geno up in his arms again and dashed towards the bathroom. Setting the smaller one down next to the toilet, just in time for Geno to throw up.

Death rubbed the glitched skeleton's back soothingly as the latter gagged some more. Worry rolling off the young chief like waves.

Soon, Geno was finished and Death carefully pulls him away and let the smaller skeleton lean on his chest. He was heaving for breath, his eye was unfocused and his body was limp in Death's arms. This is not good!

The taller skeleton took out his phone and quickly dialed the emergency number. But a weak grip on his sleeve caught his attention as he looked down on Geno who shook his 'no'.

"I'm calling an ambulance! We need to get you to the hospital!" Death urged but Geno started squirming in his hold. Albeit weakly due to his current condition. "No!"

"This is not the time to be stubborn!" Death scolded as Geno struggled in his one arm hug.

Death tightened his arm around Geno, securing him more firmly. But Geno, for some reason, was determined to escape his hold.

"Geno, stop! What's going on with you?!" Death dropped the phone in order to keep Geno in place with both of his arms now wrapped around the latter as they wrestled on the bathroom floor.

Geno pushed Death away with all his might, but in his weakened state, it didn't do much. He only ended up tiring himself even more as he pants for breath.

"Geno, stop! You'll make it worse!" Death doesn't know what to do! He doesn't know what was happening to Geno!

"Please..." Geno breathlessly pleaded. "...no."

Death grabbed both of Geno's wrist and held it tightly in front of him. Geno tried to twist and pull his wrists free, but Death was stronger and easily held it in place. "Geno, please!" Death was practically pleading as tears pricks his eyes. He doesn't like seeing Geno like this.

Sooner than expected, Geno stopped, exhausted and posture slumped forward. His breath came in fast and shallow as his arms going lax in Death's grip. Geno fell forward against Death's shoulder and Death flinched at the contact. Geno's fever rose to dangerous level.

Sh*t! 

He needs to cool him down fast!

Looking around the bathroom, Death tried to think of something. Anything!  A bath tub would've been preferable but there was none. The shower will have to do.

Death lifted the semi-conscious Geno in his arms, brought him to the shower and set him down on the floor leaning against the tiled wall. Death immediately turned on the shower, not caring if his uniform got wet.

Geno winced as the cool water hit his hot bones and whimpered as he tried to shield himself. Death knelt before him, pulling him into a hug and removing the smaller ones scarf and jacket, leaving only the shirt underneath and the black shorts, before positioning him to the center so he could get the full blast of the water.

Geno panted as he trembled in cold. His arms wrapped around himself as his head rested on Death's shoulder who was gripping both of his upper arms and keeping him sitting up.

"It hurts..." Geno whimpered and he received a hush but soothing response from Death. "I know, I know. But you need this. Just a little longer, okay?"

The cold water run down his body, absorbing the excess heat and discarding them down the drain.

A few minutes later, Death estimated Geno's temperature to be manageable, or safe, and he turned off the shower. He discarded the rest of Geno's clothes and grabbed the towel hanging nearby. Wrapping it around Geno's smaller figure.

Geno could feel himself getting drowsy. He could faintly registered being carried out the bathroom and laid down his bed.

The last thing he saw was Death's worried face hovering over him before he slipped into a peaceful slumber.

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+