Chapter 6: Blackish

Start from the beginning

My eyes stayed open for an insane amount of time. This was so disgusting, how could the Principal let this happen? Now it was my turn to look at the popular table, they were all laughing, taking selfies and having fun while they made other people's lives hell. I turned back to Scarlet, eager for more information. "What about you? What Level are you?"

"I'd have thought you'd be able to guess it by now." She said, "I guess you're not as smart as I thought." A teasing smirk tugged at her lips.

I looked down at my hands and saw that there was a little piece of burger remaining, I must've subconsciously been eating without realising. I chucked the piece at Scarlet, it hit her square in the face. I burst out laughing at her murderous expression.

"I'm a Fourth."

I stopped laughing and turned serious. "Am I a Fourth too?"

"I don't know how to break it to you, but the moment you stepped your foot in here, you landed yourself on the Last Level. You're a Fifth, Hannah." She said with a stony expression.

My brows creased. Last Level?? This can't be happening. Not to me. I looked at Scarlet and she couldn't even look at me. "So what? I should be expecting blows and kicks and harsh words from these idiots?"

She didn't reply.

"Answer me." I said calmly, too calmly.

"Look, I'm sorry that–"

"Don't apologise to me," I sighed. "This isn't your fault. I appreciate you telling me, at least now I know what I'm up against."

"Good luck Hannah, you'll need it."

"Yeah, but... " my words stopped when I saw the boy who insulted me on my first day here enter the cafeteria, "who is he?" I nudged Scarlet and she glanced at the direction I was looking, she faced me with a smirk saying,

"Why do you want to know?"

"Ah ah, I'm just curious Na." I spoke, not looking too convincing

"Mhm... Yeah, curious "

"Scarlet! "

She chuckled, the glint in her eyes let me know that she didn't believe me.

"I'm just curious," I folded my arms, "I met him here the other day and he insulted me. It's not as if he's fine o, with this head like plantain."

"What did he even do to you?" she looked amused

"Just because I mistakenly bumped into him o, he just started to talk to me anyhow. Who does he think he is!" I explained, moving my hands rapidly in order to give her an idea.

"I've had an encounter with Ashton myself, he tried to hit on me." She told me, "that didn't go well, for him I mean. I'm surprised I didn't become a Fifth after what I did to him."

"Maybe he likes youuuu." I squealed and leaned towards her. Grabbing unto her shoulders, I shook her shoulders to the extent her hair came all over her face.

She grimaced and peeled me off her like I was shit. "That's disgusting."

I burst out laughing, "come on. You and him make a cute couple..."

"He's a pervert." She deadpanned.

"But you can change him! He'll be your bad boy pervert." I said dreamily. She looked at me dryly without saying a word. "I thought girls loved those...? No? Really? Okay."

"Come on, let's head to the ICT." she said and got up, I did the same and she led the way.

I still could get lost in this school...

It was hard keeping up with Scar, she was just so fast at walking. I was shoved, pushed and hit while trying to keep up with her pace. A few kids snickered at me while some called me names.

I gritted my teeth and followed silently behind her. We arrived at the ICT to find some other students leaving to their next classes. A guy shoved me at the gut making me stumble backwards with a grunt. Pain exploded in that region and tears pooled my eyes. 'Deep breaths, Hannah, deep breaths.' I said to myself internally.

He only smiled and fist bumped his friend who laughed his ass off.

"Hey, piss off Tom." Scarlet barked, standing right in front of me.

The boy–Tom, scowled. "Screw you, Rogers." He said, walking away with his friend in tow.

Scarlet looked at me, concern flooding her eyes. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, standing straighter. "Yeah, perfect."

She tapped my shoulders, "don't let them bastards get to you. If they try anything kick em in the balls."

I smiled, it felt nice to have someone by my side.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Happy new year!!

Say good bye to 2018 and hello 2019!