Much more intelligent older sister

Sean-
It has been a couple of days since Kaycee ran out of the house and I've come to realize that being without Kaycee was absolute torture. Everywhere I looked I was reminded of her. I was so tempted to turn around all of the photos we had of her in our home. Her beautiful brown eyes and smiling face was in almost every shot because she was an honorary Lew.

I laugh at one photo of Kaycee looking miserable in a dress while I was proudly wearing a tux. It was Serris' idea to create a mock wedding for us when we were around 6 and 7 years old so Kaycee could become a Lew. We both only agreed to do it because we thought it'd be cool to have the same last name and because Serris bribed us with ice cream.

My fingers brush over her face and I can't help but think about how much I wish that everything would just go back to normal. Waking up next to her, hearing her laugh, seeing her scowl, smelling her vanilla scent, and even joking about how stupid the other is at whatever it is we felt we were competing over. Who was better at cards, Friends' knowledge, quoting The Office, and so on and so forth.

I didn't realize I had a spectator until I felt a gentle finger tapping on my shoulder. I look over to see the master mind behind Kaycee and my impromptu wedding. She smiles and asks "Reminiscing are we?" I just nod my head in response so she continues, "I remember how happy you were when I came up with that idea. I always thought you guys would end up together eventually but it looks like you're still being an idiot that doesn't know how to deal. Looking like a lost boy..." I quirk my brow at her and she just rolls her eyes then laughs.

"Sean you know that I know that you two got into a fight right?" She stares at me then points to the photo.

How does she know?

Idk bro but let's not forget when she said she thought we'd end up with Kaycee

"Yes I always thought you'd end up with Kaycee..."

She's a mind reader!

Scary!

"No I'm not a mind reader. I'm just an older sister. Your older sister and with that in mind, I'm making an executive decision as your older and much much wiser sister..."

Both my brows raise at that and then she continues.

"You need to break up with Bailey if you want Kaycee back."

Kaycee-

A couple of days have passed and I've found myself hanging out at Kenneth's a lot. He was very easy to talk to and extremely comforting. Luckily we didn't have any dance classes within those days. Yet I couldn't help but miss Sean. I hated that I missed him because he hurt me so badly. All of those things he said about me should have made what he did unforgivable yet you can't just forget someone instantly. Especially your best friend no matter how stupid he was!

Luckily for me I had Kenneth to fall back on. Talking to him was surprisingly therapeutic. He always had a calming way about him. He was like this unsuspected hero that came in and swooped me up when I was feeling blue. I would never forget this and what he has done for me.

Yet there was one part of what he told me a couple of days ago that I couldn't quite seem to shake. He said he had an idea and a plan. He said that Sean was in love with me. I know it's ludicrous. Then he also said I needed to trust him and I guess that meant getting to know him better? Idk but I wasn't willing to wait any longer so I straight out asked him what it was and when he responded to me, let's just say I wasn't quite ready for what he had in store initially...

Flashback
I'm staring blankly at Kenneth because I can't believe he just said what he said to me. "You want me to do what?!" I ask him incredulously.  He nods and says "I want you to pretend to be my girlfriend. It'll wake him up." I shake my head because this sounds ridiculous.

"Wait what?! How is that going to work? If we pretend he's going to magically show me he loves me? That makes no sense!" I'm practically flailing my arms like a lunatic because I can't believe what he's saying. I mean why would I care if he loves me?! He betrayed me!

Wait how did he betray us again?!

By not fighting for me in front of Bailey! I'm important! He should have defended me!

You mean not fighting for and defending our friendship?

Yeah yeah same thing...

No not really the same thing. One suggests something more...

I scrunch my eyes and fist my hair in frustration. "Ah! Shut up!" I finally yell at no one in particular then open my eyes to see Kenneth holding his hands up in surrender. "Oh my gosh! I'm sorry I was responding to the voice in my head..." I try to laugh it off but I could still see him watching me in a way that makes it seem like he thinks I'm unstable.

After a couple minutes of him staring at me and realizing I wouldn't do anything, he finally said "Kaycee I know it sounds crazy but you have to trust me especially if you want Sean to talk to you again..." I scoff at that.

Why would I want to talk to him? He can go and live happily ever after with Bailey

Oh... somebody sounds jealous

Do not!

Admit it you like him

No I don't!

If that's true why not try Kenneth's plan?

Because it's stupid

I think it's because you're a chicken... Bock bock

No I'm not and I'll show you!

*menacing giggle*

"Fine lets do it! Let's pretend to be together." Kenneth's eyes go big for a second before he smiles and nods his head. "Alright let's do this Kaycee! We have class in about an hour. Yet don't forget we gotta make this believable or no one will believe us." I laugh at his concern before I say "Oh don't worry Kenneth I have a friend that likes to come out when necessary... let's just say she lives for moments like this." I smirk and then we began to plan.

Sean-
Today we had class and part of me didn't want to come because I knew I had to face her. Yet I also had what Serris said earlier looming over me. I was a freakin idiot and my sister basically handed my arse to me when I explained everything that happened to Kaycee and I. She said I was nothing but a stupid ignorant boy and ranted about how dumb I was for thinking that what I was doing for Kaycee was for her. Apparently I'm too scared to face my true feelings so I concocted a grossly misguided self sacrificing idea that hurt the one person I love which in turn hurt me as well because of fear? She said I more than likely feared losing Kaycee for good if she didn't feel the same.

I know there is some truth to what she said... okay a lot of truth to what she said and I'm a nitwit that needed his much more intelligent older sister to show me the light but now I feel even worse than before. If I thought I didn't deserve her before I sure as heck don't deserve her now. I've hurt her too much and I don't know how to redeem myself after that but one thing that I know for sure is that I have to break up with Bailey.

Being so wrapped up in my thoughts I failed to notice the commotion coming from the other dancers. They all seemed to be gathered around the window that looked into the hallway and lobby area of the dance complex. They were all gasping and taking out their phones to take pictures of something. Normally I didn't care about trying to see what any commotion was all about but since whatever it is has to be better than my inner thoughts I found myself walking towards the window. When I looked through the window my heart sank and I couldn't comprehend what the heck I was seeing. I couldn't believe it.

She couldn't... there's no way!

——————
Dun dun dun..... cliff hanger

I have to be honest and say that this was hard for me to write. I've been feeling completely unmotivated to write but I knew I had to get something out to you wonderful people before the week was over.

I hope you all still enjoy it. If not that's fine as well ;) I'd completely understand!

Btw Serris is the bomb!