Chapter 12

You were leaning against the kitchen threshold, watching Hank's body rise and fall in small increments as he breathed. It wasn't until thirty minutes and seventeen seconds later that Connor burst through the front door, right hand on the pistol tucked into his belt. His blown, brown eyes surveyed the room before falling on you and letting his grip on the gun fall away. No words were said between you as he walked past and entered the kitchen.

It sometimes bothered you that Connor could approach a stressful situation so easily. It meant nothing to him whether or not the Lieutenant was alright because, in the end, it was only a few ones and zeroes to be corrected in his system. You wondered if it were the same case with you. Then again, you doubted you were even in his system, to begin with.

Scoffing, you shook your head and sunk to the floor of the kitchen, eyes unmoving from the scene in which Connor was now analyzing.

Sumo barked as the brunette shooed him away from Hank's body. The large Saint Bernard huffed and made his way over to you. You absent-mindedly pat Sumo on the head, letting his large fluffy head rest in your lap while watching Connor interact with Hank's body.

"How long has he been like this?" He asked, not looking up. You perked up when you realized that he was referring to you. "Half an hour. I called you right away." Not receiving a reply, you cleared your throat and tried again. "I-I'm sorry, I just didn't know what to do."

"It's...fine. Deviancy can cause a lag in motor functions such as first aid. In any case, It's better off that you called. We have a new case to look into tonight and it is obligatory for Lieutenant Anderson and I to inspect the crime scene." You nodded when he finished speaking, not knowing how else to respond.

After a few pokes and a loud, painful-looking slap, the Lieutenant awoke from his alcohol-induced coma and with a little help, was escorted to the bathroom where he and Connor were sorting out what to do next.

Like a dog on a leash, you followed them through the house, waiting outside the bathroom and trying to block out the sound of Hank emptying the contents of his stomach into the toilet. At one point, Connor poked his head out of the door frame but only to ask you to grab a change of clothes from the Lieutenant's room. Obediently, you nodded and stood from your spot on the dirtied floor.

Fifteen boring minutes passed until Hank and Connor emerged from the bathroom for a final time. Hank was dressed in the clothes you had provided and small droplets of water cascaded down his silvery grey beard from when your fellow android had sprayed him with the shower head to help sober him up.

"C'mon, kid," he grumbled, walking toward the front door. "We've got a case to crack."

__

The drive to The Eden Club was short lived. The entire ride was silent save for Hank's constant murmuring about 'fucking androids' and 'all this goddamn work.' You were by now used to his rantings but they still stung from time to time.

As the car drew nearer and nearer to the club, the police sirens became more prominent and you took notice that the entire entrance to the establishment was bathed in a red and blue haze. A familiar sight to you. Following close behind Connor and Hank, you quietly thanked the nameless officer who held up the yellow police tape for you to duck under. For a moment, you thought you had recognized him, but it could have been from one of many of your previous encounters with the authorities.

All it took was a short walk through a lavender lit hallway and before you knew it, you were already inside. The atmosphere inside of the club was heavy and carried a musky scent. You almost forgot the reason that you were there. The main room stained your nostrils with a mixture of cheap perfume and burning plastic. Not a very pleasant combination in your opinion.

A gaggle of officers overtook the room and veered off into a corner where you assumed the crime scene was. A very sweaty, pale man was being interrogated near the back. He didn't look very innocent, but then again you weren't a cop.

It made you nervous to be occupying the same room as dozens of other officers. You looked around, wondering if any had recognized you from that night Markus was supposedly murdered and you were taken into custody. It didn't seem like any of them even cared to look away from the job at hand, which was good. However, you did think it a good idea to stay close to Connor and Hank.

Freezing mid-thought, you did a little spin on the checkered carpet. Neither of the men you had arrived with were in sight. You began to panic inwardly, not wanting to cause a scene. Did you stay in place or risk asking around? Your options were limited here and you were beginning to draw attention to yourself, looking out of place in the midst of the serious situation. You were about to migrate to the back of the room when you felt something cold grip your hand.

Turning, you came face to face with a shockingly handsome man with a distinct chiselled jawline and icy blue eyes. His fluffy blonde hair halfway covered the pulsating blue ring on his temple. He noticed you looking, grinned, and shuffled his feet which brought your attention to the fact that he only happened to be wearing a small pair of underwear with a large Eden Club logo across the waist. You gulped and looked back to the gentle grip he had on your arm. 'Why was the prostitute approaching you?' Your mind screamed.

"Haven't seen you around here before. You're not a regular, are you?" The android spoke to you with a smooth, deep voice with a slight robotic edge. You found it cute how he cocked his head to the side as he waited for a response, even if it was just a small quirk in his programming. You shook it off and did your best to pull away from the spell he was casting on you. All the while, you were uncomfortable with the attention (though it did help you blend in some) and all you really wanted to do was find Connor and Hank so they could do their jobs and you could all go home.

You were about to put your foot down when he began tugging you in the direction of a vacant room further down the hall. A warm, crooked smile on his face as he did so. You tried pulling away but the grip on your forearm tightened slightly. Not enough so that it hurt you, but the message got across. He was very persistent.

You contemplated whether or not you should bring up the fact that you were also an android and did not, in fact, have compatible genitals, but your knight in shining armour approached before you had to put it into action.

Connor walked up from behind you and put a stern hand on your shoulder. "(Y/N), we need you at the crime scene. We have reason to believe that the cause of death was deviant related but The Lieutenant insists we have a third opinion." As he talked, he looked over your shoulder at the android who was trying to persuade you into bed. "We're a little busy right now. You can go tend to someone else."

With no protest whatsoever, the nameless android waltzed off without a care in the world, eager to find its next client. You sighed in relief and looked up to Connor who was watching the Eden Club attendant exit with a look of destain on his perfect features. You pursed your lips at this but said nothing.

If you hadn't known Connor, you would have thought he was jealous of the blonde HR400 model. But you did know Connor, and he was probably just analysing him for any signs of deviancy or whatever it was that he did. 

Finally looking away from the disappearing droid, he looked at you and let his dark eyes soften immediately. You almost swooned. Connor cleared his throat and looked over to the room swarming with police officers. 

"Follow me. The bodies are over here." 

 (A/N: I'm surprised no one has killed me for delaying this story yet. I've kind of wandered in and out of the DBH fandom but I'm feeling really good about this story and I plan to stick with it until the end. I've been thinking about writing something for Resident Evil, Until Dawn, or Outlast but I'm not sure how long those hyper fixations will last. Thanks to all my readers for calling me out on not updating! I know this chapter wasn't very exciting but Gavin is in the next one and so is the beautiful Traci power couple. I was actually in Detroit today for my birthday and I ate dinner on the same road that Eden Club is supposed to exist on. Cool, huh? Anyway, I'm finishing up all requests this week and I'll open them back up before Christmas. Love you all!)