Chapter 2

Sunday morning came fast as your duties the night before ended quite later than you had expected. After fetching the Phillips' their drinks and groceries, you were instructed to prepare a late-night meal for them. The noise from both that and the hockey game that Mr. Phillips insisted on watching woke Emma from her sleep. 

 You had to put her back to bed with yet another original story. This one not nearly as good as the first. You then fed the fish in the large tank in the hallway, polished all of the wooden furniture in the penthouse, ordered new parts for the broken microwave, and downloaded new episodes of The Bachelor to Caroline's tablet so that she may view them as soon as she awakes the next morning.

Unfortunately, all of that work kept you too busy to talk to Daniel. Even when you found yourselves with a bit of downtime, it was replaced with the urge to faceplant into the couch just as you had done hours earlier. Another thing about deviants that you found to bug you; You now required sleep.

The Phillips' arose from their collective slumber at 9:30 AM and just like that- it was time to work once again. Daniel started breakfast while you woke and dressed Emma for the day. John and Caroline left for their respective workplaces around 10:30, leaving you and Daniel alone with Emma. 

 "And what do you want to do today, Little Miss?" You questioned while brushing her long brunette hair. "Hmm," she replied, her eyes searched the room until they fell upon the cabinet of vintage DVDs in the corner of the living room. "Let's watch movies!"

__

 The impromptu movie marathon lasted the majority of the day, save for lunch and bathroom breaks. The message from Richard to return home reached you at 6 PM sharp. By that time you had made it through a little over half a dozen Disney films. 

 As you announced your departure, you noticed that Daniel's LED indicator flashed yellow for just a millisecond before returning to its original blue color. Emma offered you a hug and a reminder about your plans for next weekend. You laughed under your breath and reassured her that her gift would make it to the party as well.

Daniel offered to walk you to the elevator, an offer which you humbly accepted. As you both walked down the corridor toward the pair of stainless steel doors, he decided to strike up a conversation. "I believe that I understand the basics of my emotions now. I would like to thank you for seeing me through this process, (Y/N). It has been an honor working alongside you." 

 You pressed the circular arrow button on the wall in front of you. Turning toward the android, you frowned. "You act like this is the last time we'll see each other, Daniel. You know I'll be back next weekend, and then the month after that." He freezes, clenching his jaw with eyes unmoving from the set of metal doors. After a moment, he simply nods once and turns away from you. "It just might be, I'm afraid."

You opened your mouth to speak but was interrupted by the soft ping of the elevator doors opening. Your gaze lingered on the male android for a moment longer before stepping into the elevator and tapping the button labeled LOBBY.

That was the last decent memory you had of Daniel.

Hours later, you were scrubbing dishes from Richard's dinner when there came three sharp knocks at the door. You glanced up from the sink to see three DPD cars were parked outside of the house. Two had pulled up to the driveway while the other lagged behind at the curbside. You put down the plate you were working on to fetch your master, but he entered the kitchen before you could alert him.

Painted across his face was a look you had never seen before on him - fear. He held up a finger in your direction. Three more knocks on the door. He scurried across the kitchen and paused before swinging the door open. Without invitation, two officers stepped into the house. "Is this the residence of Richard Sinclair?" "Yes, I am him. What is this all about?"