1

Present Time

"Lisa, come braid my hair." a 16 year old Y/N ordered.  

Pranpriya, who was now called Lalisa, or Lisa for short, quickly dropped what she was doing and came over to the young girl's aide,
"Yes my lady." Lisa responded. 

"It's so hard to find good help these days-" Y/N muttered. 

Lisa briefly stopped braiding the hair strands she was holding, and sighed quietly,

"I'm sorry, I know I'm not the best, but you have to appreciate what you have, most of the village people out there-"

"Have it a lot worse than I do, I know I know. But can't I be allowed to complain? It's like it's a sin if I complain about something." 

Lisa tugged on her hair a bit,
"I've finished." 

Y/N muttered a thank you, then began to apply a light pink shade of lipstick to her lips. 

"Well if I'm not needed right now, I'll go try to help Chaeyoung with the cleaning."

She began to gather her cleaning supplies when Y/N stopped her. 

"Actually . . . may I talk to you?" 

Lisa turned around,
"Of course."
She put down the duster in her hand, and sat down in a chair. 
"What's wrong?" 

Y/N sighed, 
"I haven't told anyone this, but you've been with me for most of my life, and I feel like I can trust you the most. . . Even if you're complete trash at your job." 

Lisa nodded, 
"Yes, and?" 

Y/N's cheeks began to turn a light pink,
"Well . . . there is this one guy, we've been sending letters to each other for a while . . ." 

Lisa's eyes widened,
"Oh. . . Well, who is it, if you don't mind me asking. . .?" 

A small smile began to appear on Y/N's face, 
"He is Prince Jisung from the SM Kingdom,"

Y/N clung to Lisa's arm, 
"Oh Lisa I think that I love him."

Lisa smiled awkwardly, 
"That's wonderful my lady, I hope that you do get to see him in person one day."

Y/N sighed, 
"I want to know more, I want to hug him, and go out together. Who was your first love?" she asked Lisa. 

Lisa chuckled,
"I'm never going to leave this castle, so what's the point in hoping for love?"

Lisa looked away and sighed, after she and her mother came to the Ddu Du kingdom, she couldn't remember anything before her mother leaving her with the King. It was like she lost her memories. 

 Lisa's thoughts were interrupted by knocking coming from the doors,
"Princess? It's time for you lessons."

Y/N got off her bed and walked to the door,
"Yes Ms. Jisoo." 

The door opened, revealing another maid, Kim Jisoo. 

"I'll escort you now." 

Y/N nodded, and followed Jisoo.

"Lisa, Chaeyoung needs some help in the King's bedroom, if you can, go help her."

Lisa nodded, then put away all of the products Y/N used, then closed up the room and went to go help Chaeyoung. 

"Hey Lisa!" Chaeyoung exclaimed as she placed a pillow on the large bed. 

"Hey Chaeyoung, I'm here to help you." 

"That's great! Could you help me get the comforter on the bed?"

"Yeah."

Over the years, the girls grew closer, and became like each other's family. Jisoo, Jennie and Chaeyoung were all orphans who were taken in by the Ddu Du Queen when she was still alive.

The two girls finished tidying up the room, and high fived each other,

"This room is always the most annoying." Chaeyoung complained as she laid on a chaise. 

Lisa stood over her, "Well you better get up before someone catches you slacking off." 

Chaeyoung sighed and rolled over,
"No one will notice." 

"Chaeyoung, Lisa?" a voice questioned. 

The two girls froze, they knew who that voice belonged to all too well. 

"Chae Lin . . . Hi . . ." Lisa said nervously as she lightly poked Chaeyoung. 

"Are you two done cleaning up in here?" Chae Lin asked as she strode into the room. 

Chaeyoung quickly stood up and nodded.
"Yes . . ." Lisa replied scared. 

She had heard of stories of Chae Lin, or also known as CL. She was the King's body guard, and she was a woman who didn't let anything stand in her way. 

"Good, now the King has sent me to get you Lisa, he wants to talk to you." 

Lisa froze, last time the king wanted to talk to her one on one, it was to tell her that her mother had passed away, and that was 13 years ago. 

Lisa nodded and followed Chae Lin. 

"Oh and Chaeyoung?" CL said.

"Y-yes?" Chaeyoung replied as she turned around from collecting her cleaning supplies.

"Don't slack off like that, you know how the king can get."

Chaeyoung nodded and went back to collecting the cleaning supplies. 

Chae Lin nodded towards her, then left the room, Lisa following her. 

"Do you have any idea of why he wants to talk to you?" CL asked. 

Lisa shook her head, "No, this is totally out of the blue."

CL nodded, then they walked the rest of the way in silence.

"King Hyun-Suk, I have Lisa, may we enter?"

"Yes."

CL looked at Lisa, and Lisa at her, before opening the doors. 

"Ah Lisa, thank you CL, that will be all."

CL bowed, then closed the doors behind her and left Lisa alone with Bang Hyun-Suk.

"So Lisa, we need to discuss something."

"What is that?"

"Y/N's marriage."