33| Cage Dancing*

Start from the beginning

"I'm finally on cages tonight," I traced my finger over the rota and stopped on my name which was in red over the word Cage 2. I continued to trace along until I stopped on Becky's name, "So are you for the first shift."

"Brill, I'll show you the ropes then!" She grabbed my hand and we left my dressing room, the door slamming shut behind us. I follow the line of her arm. Above the dance floor, suspended at different levels, are what looks to be three human-sized birdcages. In each one there are dancers. The middle one is the largest and has two girls who are grinding against each other, the other two feature solo girls.

This is my first time on cages and I found myself surprisingly nervous, the other clubs I've worked for in the past didn't feature them and my last club 'bouncing bunnies' could hardly afford a main stage, never mind show cages.

"Are they very stable?" I gulped down my irrational nerves and flicked my eyes up to the cages, the one right in the centre was ours and I didn't want to mess up in front of a full club.

Becky laughed and shook her cloud of auburn hair over a shoulder. "Stop that, once we're up there you won't want to ever go back to boring poles." I seriously doubted that but I didn't argue with her, the pole is my life, I love to dance and I'm easily one of the best dancers here but the pole is my thing. I can easily make a grand in a single night on the pole.

Becky however is a little exhibitionist. I've never minded dancing in front of people, but I don't get off on it like Becky does. Once I start dancing, I get lost in the music and forget that anyone is even watching. I think it's probably a protective reflex—one I was forced to learn early when I was stripping at the age of fifteen in sleazy clubs across Boston. But whatever the reason, when the beat of the sultry music seeps into my blood, I move to the music not the audience. I could be dancing for an entire arena of people or simply a mirror, it made no difference to me.

"What's with the kinky little bow?" Becky nodded her head at the pink bow holding up the top section of my hair and I let an explanatory smile form across my lips. Becky's eyes widened at me as realisation hit her. "Oh my God, that's the bow!"

"Ethan wanted me to wear it tonight," I shook my head in amusement as I thought back to the conversation, I was reluctant to take such an expensive accessory into the club but money is no object to Ethan and he insisted that I wear it.

"Mhmm that's some hot stuff Holl, I'm jealous," Becky gave me a proud smile before I let her drag me over to the base of the stairs. The duo of girls dressed as slutty catholic school girls have already left and the door to the cage is wide open. We run up the stairs and climb inside, nodding to the two girls as they descend past us on the staircase. Becky shuts the door behind us as I get to grips with the space we will be dancing in. I have to admit that it's hot to be dancing in the cage, especially with Becky.

"Let's get some hearts racing!" she shouts over the music and I grin back at her. Always.

We start out dancing side by side, doing our own thing as we normally do. Becky is more into touching herself up while I'm used to relying on my incredible flexibility and core strength on the pole so this is entirely new to me. I glance to Becky and start to copy her sultry movements, using my long tanned legs to make up for my b cup boobs. The people loitering at the bar below us stop drinking and start watching, and their admiring gazes start working on me in a way I thought would be impossible at a club. I've had dozens of men stare at me before, but this is the first time I've actually enjoyed the attention while at work. I run my hands teasingly down the sides of my lilac corset and shimmy low to the floor of the cage in a slow movement. Becky is pressed up against the bars, leaning against them as she moves in sync to the music.