Chapter 13

Scarlett and her father are to sneak down into the deepest part of the Underworld to retrieve the dead pirate. Simple. Yet hard to execute. But, two livings cannot get down their by themselves.

" Her?", Milah asks her ex husband.

" Yes, her. Come, let me introduce you", Gold says, " Sweetheart, there's someone I'd like you to meet. This is Milah, my ex-wife. And Hook's ex, also. She's also Baelfire's mother, of course. Scarlett only knew him as Neal, her half brother".

" She's your... daughter?", Milah asks.

" So... you've been with my father... and my husband?", Scarlett asks.

" Husband? You're married?", Milah asks.

" And expecting", Scarlett adds.

" Rumple... you let your own daughter be with him?".

" Believe me, I didn't like it", Gold asks.

" They've only tried to kill each other dozens of times", Scarlett says as she crosses her arms.

" I'm sure we're going to laugh ourselves sick about this one day. I suggest you follow me before this gets even more awkward", He says.

The two women comply, and follow the Dark One. Oddly, to Emma Swan's house.

" Why am I not surprised that the gates of hell are in Emma Swan's house", Scarlett mumbles, " Oh, and before I forget, my in-law slash step-niece had a love affair with Baelfire, and gave birth to my younger brother slash nephew slash grandnephew".

" I don't think I've ever heard a more complicated sentence in my life", Milah says as they walk into the house.

" Our family tree is extremely messed up", Scarlett says.

Gold motions for them to hold hands, only so that he can extend Milah's aura over all of them. They walk down the basement steps, to the quite literal gates of hell.

" Thank you, Milah. You can run back to protecting the dead children", Gold says as the barrier spell is no longer present.

Faintly, in the distance, Scarlett can hear running water, and her ears almost perk up.

" The River of Lost Souls", She says.

" We can take it to where Hades has Killian", Milah says.

" I'm sorry, uh, we can take it?", Gold asks, " If you think you can get the pirate back, I doubt he's going to swap the mother of his unborn children for the dead woman".

" You might be dark, but sometimes you're still an idiot, Rumple", She says, " I have my reasons. Let me come with you".

And Scarlett complies.

" Your mother is not going to be happy about this", Gold comments.

" Who is...", Milah starts.

" The Evil Queen", Scarlett responds.

Milah gives her the most confused of looks a dead person possibly could. Scarlett looks over to her father so he could explain, but he doesn't.

"{sighs} A long time ago when Regina Mills was headover heels in love with Daniel, she wanted a child but they couldn't have one together. She made a deal with the Dark One that she would have said child, but it would have the darkest soul in all of the realms. Fast forward, Daniel dies, she becomes the Evil Queen, and I have the weirdest childhood you could possibly imagine. The end", Scarlett says, then uses her magic to make a boat appear on the river, " Now let's get on with it".