I crossed my arms on my chest and frowned. '' I could earn my cash a lot more easily with bets, by racing or even fighting. ''

'' You're not ready for that, '' he instantly dismissed my proposal. His head snapped towards me and he threateningly hissed: '' Don't you roll your eyes at me! You know that I am right! ''

I pursed my lips in disapproval. '' Probably, yeah, but isn't it better hearing that after seeing me actually fail at something? ''

Baekhyun was starting to get annoyed and clearly itching to light up a second cigarette. '' Last time I checked, you can't tell me that I'm right when you are laying underground. Also, never call me 'Big B' again. I was going to let it go, but I keep hearing it in my head. ''

My features twisted in to an irritated frown. '' When you call me 'Riri' it's cute, but when I think of a nickname, it's suddenly wrong? ''

The woman that I didn't know slowly stood up from the ground. Earlier she was watching us with a smile and she was clearly amused by our antics. Now she seemed tired, when she looked at Baekhyun, thanked him for keeping her company and told him that she was going to go to her room. He only seriously nodded in response and my eyes followed her disappear through one of the doors of the terrace before I leaned towards Baekhyun and curiously asked: '' Who is she? I've been holding myself back, since you keep telling me that one of these bikers will cut off my nose one day if I won't get my attitude in check, but... She has got to be one of the most beautiful people that I've ever seen. ''

Baekhyun poked my forehead and shoved me away from his personal space. '' Why are you still standing here? Didn't I tell you that we are leaving? Go change in to some work appropriate attire! And she... Her name's Hwasa. She's the sister of the former boss and she's under Junmyeon's care now. Leave her alone, he hates it when she hangs out with the wrong people that could get her in trouble. ''

I had so many more questions, but one look from him was enough to tell me that it wasn't the right time to ask. I liked to tell myself that he was slowly warming up to me, but the truth was that he still treated me as a pest. Someone that he was stuck babysitting. It was going to be a lot tougher proving myself to him than I first expected. Getting his approval for joining the gang meant nothing, to him I was still on the same level as most other people that rolled with the Aces for no real reason.

'' This is supposed to be some sort of initiation, right? You don't actually wake up this early every day, do you? Because if you do, then we are going to have a problem, '' I muttered, wrapped my arms around myself and shivered. It was a long drive to the poor suburbs on the outskirts of Seoul and the streets felt unusually cold. We ditched our motorcycles somewhere and continued walking between the cheap houses on foot. The sun had yet to start rising on the sky and my eyes were curiously darting left and right. 

Baekhyun was walking by my side and staring straight ahead with the same serious expression that he always had on his face. There was something strange in his gaze when he glanced at me and asked: '' Why were you awake at four in the morning? ''

I looked at him and quickly realised that him and Hwasa probably had a similar reason as I did. We all had something that was troubling us. '' Listen, Big B... Don't look at me like that, I'm just trying to ease the tension in the air, because I wanted to ask you something serious. Did you ever have anyone you love die right in front of your eyes? ''

His eyes slightly widened with surprise and it was clear that he wasn't expecting me to ask something like that. Then a shadow fell over his features and he silently nodded.

I bit my lower lip and murmured: '' How did you get over it? ''

He shook his head and flatly responded: '' I didn't. ''