Chapter Six

"Good morning," Alex whispered as we woke up. He turned his alarm off on his phone and rolled back over to face me. I smiled at him shyly and pulled the blanket over my face. He laughed, pulled me closer to him, and used my hips to move me to lay on my other side so he could cuddle me. "I could get used to waking up like this every morning."

I giggled. "Me too."

He held me in silence for a while, before Alex cleared his throat. "I just fell asleep again," he laughed sheepishly. "We should probably get up."

"We have a big day," I agreed.

He glanced up at me, curiously. "Is that resentment?"

"No," I replied honestly. "I don't resent it anymore. It is what it is, and we just have to work on ourselves and everything will be fine."

He watched me, half-awake, as I sat up and crossed the room into my closet. I chose a deep blue velvet high waisted skirt that fell to my knees, a plain white long sleeve blouse, and a skinny white belt with a diamond buckle, and tan heels. I wore it with the shirt tucked in and the belt wrapped around where the shirt tucked. I left the closet, crossing to the bathroom.

"Wake up," I called out as I passed Alex, who had fallen asleep again.

"Sorry," he called out softly. "I'm up!"

I brought out my makeup basket and began looking through it for my favorite products. Alex shuffled in and looked at my reflection.

"God damn," he said quietly.

"What?" I asked, looking at him in the mirror.

"You're just fucking perfect," Alex said suggestively. "You look so good in everything that you wear. All the time. It's not fair." He stepped behind me, our bodies pressed together and brushed some of the hair off of my shoulder. I watched him as he leaned forward to kiss my neck lightly. I shivered.

He glanced up at me in the mirror and grinned. He kissed my cheek and stretched. "I'm going to get ready myself. Can I have a kiss?" He asked me. I leaned up and kissed him before he left the room.

I finished my makeup and put my hair up into a high ponytail. I moved into my closet again, grabbing a small pale pink designer clutch I'd recently bought, and grabbing a rose-gold watch. I struggled with the clasp until I heard the soft padding of Alex's footsteps.

"Want some help?" He asked me.

"Please," I said, looking up at him. I nearly lost my balance.

His hair, normally dry and a tiny bit wavy, was styled. He wore a pair of light khaki pants, a light blue button up shirt, and a pair of tan dress shoes. His sleeves were rolled up and he had a pair of aviator glasses hanging from the collar of his shirt. He smirked at me as I watched him walk over to me.

"I finally dazzle you," he said, taking my wrist and fastening my watch for me. He squeezed me wrist and smirked. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. It's not the first time I've been dazzled," I laughed. "You look very handsome Alex."

"I've dazzled you before?" He asked me, pulling me closer to him.

"Once or twice," I giggled.

He let me go. "Oh, that's mean."

I giggled. I moved back to my mirror and looked my outfit over for any last minute fixes.
I grabbed my phone and motioned for him to come closer to me. I pulled him to my side and opened the camera on my phone, and took a picture of our reflection in the mirror. At the last second, he moved forward and kissed my temple.