As Above, So Below

Start from the beginning

"This is exactly what Archie didn't want, Vee

"This is exactly what Archie didn't want, Vee." Mickey reaches across the table to place her hand on top of Veronica's. "You can't just put your life on hold. You need to focus on yourself for a change. I'm saying this to you as your sister and business partner, open the damn speakeasy."

"How was your shift at Pop's this morning?" Jughead waits for Mickey to close her locker so that he can intertwine their fingers.

"It went," she shrugs. "I felt like such a bad sister telling Veronica to put her feelings to the side and open the speakeasy, but we can't lose Pop's. Not after what we did to get it."

"So she agreed?"

"Yes and there's going to be a pretty strict dress code at the speakeasy."

He shakes his head with a hint of a smirk, "Of course we're calling it a speakeasy. And, uh," he stops walking and pulls his hand out of her to gesture to his clothes. "What are you getting at?"

She places both of her hands on top of his shoulders, "All I'm saying is that if you dress to impress, it'll be a pretty good indicator of how our night will end."

"Yeah?" he catches on to her suggestiveness. His hands rest on her waist and he leans forward, but something grabs his attention. "Hey, Ethel's back."

Mickey follows his gaze to see Ethel at the end of the hallway with Evelyn. "Yeah and she's talking to Evelyn."

"The weird girl from the farm..."

"You don't even know her," Mickey leans against the wall behind her. "When did you become so quick to judge?" She knows for a fact that Evelyn's been visiting Ethel for the past two weeks, and in Mickey's books, that makes her pretty nice. Evelyn can't be as bad as Jughead's making her out to be.

"Think about it. What if there's a connection between her and the game?" Jughead says, "The farm and the game all started this summer. And I hear Evelyn's father is the King. Like the Gargoyle King."

Mickey pats his cheek softly, "You're too suspicious of people and it's going to make me late. I have to go. See you later?"

He groans, "Mick, are you even listening to me?"

"I thought we both agreed investigating wasn't my thing," she says wryly. "If you have anything concrete, then we'll talk."

"Oh, my God," Kevin gasps when he steps on the floor of the speakeasy. "I died and went to Kander and Ebb heaven."

Mickey watches as Reggie escorts Josie and Kevin into the speakeasy and down the red carpet stairs. She notices the gleam in both Josie and Kevin's eyes.

"Veronica!" Josie squeals. "Mickey!"

"Welcome to La Bonne Nuit," Veronica says once the four of them are seated at the table closest to the bar. Reggie sits on a bar stool with a drink in his hand.