{Three} 🦋

K E N T R E L L  P O V ⛽️

I slam the car door shut as I walk up to the front door .

"You sure you wanna do it this way mane ?" 3three asks quietly as we wait for somebody to open the door .

"Yep . They ain't gone suspect a thing ." I say adjusting my badge and preparing to use my white voice .

Finally, a middle aged looking lightskin dude opens the door .

"Hello officers, may I help you ?" He asks looking us up and down .

"Actually you may . We are currently in the middle of an investigation and we're just going around asking people around the neighbourhood a few simple questions. May we come in ?" I ask .

"Sure, right this way ." He leads us into the living room . "So what exactly is this investigation about ?"

"I'm sorry sir, we are not allowed to disclose that kind of information ." I reply . "So, have either of you noticed anything fairly strange going on in your neighbourhood recently ?" I ask, pretending to read out of this empty notebook I just bought from target on the way here .

"...Nope, nothing particularly strange, no .

"Hmm...interesting ." I say making fake notes in the book .

Meanwhile 🌀

N O  P O V 🌎

3three quietly makes his way up the stairs to go find Nala . He walks past a few open doors and looks into each room, including the ones with closed doors and he doesn't see a single sign of Nala .

Just as he's heading back downstairs before he gets caught, he trips up on a wooden box in a random place on the floor . He eyes the box with suspicion before stepping on it to check its stability . That's when it hits him . He looks up and sees the door to the attic and instantly opens it up . Nala rushes to the opening and her face lights up when she sees him . She nearly yells his name but he stops her abruptly and helps her down . He quickly carries her down the stairs and out to the car because her parents hid all of her shoes . As soon as they make it to the car 3three texts Kentrell telling him he's got her .

K E N T R E L L P O V 📘

"Well, I think that's all I need to know for now . Thank you both for your cooperation, I hope you have a lovely evening ." I smile .

"You too, officer ." Nala's mom smiles back before shutting the door .

I literally sprint to the car and hop in the passenger side before we speed off with my Tianna and my babygirl in the backseat .

I turn to look at her and it almost hurts .

I can't believe she's really here...she's alive for real this time...

"H-hey Trell ." She smiles .

"Hey beautiful ." I return a smile . A genuine smile .