He pushed his black helmet on my head before I could try to protest and put a cap on his head instead. He took a pair of fingerless leather gloves from his pocket and I watched him pull them on his hands. Then he cracked his knuckles and sat in the front of the motorcycle. I was still unsure if this was a good idea, but in the next moment we already sped down the parking lot. I let out a startled shriek and held on to the back of the seat to stop myself from falling off. The motorcycle raced down the street and Baekhyun began to accelerate like crazy.

I almost fell off at every turn until Baekhyun stopped at a red light, reached back, grabbed my wrist and put my arm around his waist. '' If you don't want to fly off the motorcycle at the next turn, just hold on. If it makes you feel any better, I don't want to have your arms around my waist either. '' 

'' That doesn't make me feel better at all, '' I grumbled back in annoyance. '' This problem would easily be resolved if you would just stop speeding like our lives depend on getting this new recruit in the next five minutes. '' 

'' Make that three. I have other work to do after this, '' he seriously responded and I quickly put my other arm around his waist and held on as tight as I could. Then the traffic light that we were waiting for turned green and the engine of the motorcycle roared when Baekhyun sped up. We flew forward ahead the cars that were waiting behind us and rode down the empty road.

He didn't give me many details about the person that we were supposed to recruit in the gang. The only thing that I knew was that he was supposed to be good at racing and that we were currently headed towards the place where he worked during the day. Baekhyun slowed down when we got closer to it, then he completely stopped his motorcycle and gestured at the pizza place that was on the other side of the street. '' That's it. ''

'' That's him?! The guy that we are recruiting?! '' I snapped back in response and my eyes grew wide in shock.

He sighed and murmured: '' I was waiting to see if you would put two and two together, but I guess not... He's Lee Felix. We did a background check on him and he shouldn't be with any gangs yet. Boss wants him on our side before somebody else gets him. '' 

I instantly recognised the boy that stepped out of the restaurant with a bunch of pizzas in his hands and put them in the special box that he had tied to the back of his motorcycle. He was carelessly whistling to himself and he used his hand to brush his blonde hair off his forehead before he looked around. He seemed a lot more relaxed and completely different from how he was at the race last night, but when he spotted Baekhyun and I, the seriousness instantly returned in his gaze.

Baekhyun cursed when Felix quickly climbed on his motorcycle. '' We've got a runner. Shit. ''

'' You bet that it's 'shit'. Can you imagine being one of the people that are never going to get their pizza delivery because of us? '' I mumbled and shook my head. Then I noticed Baekhyun's serious stare and rolled my eyes. '' I'm clearly joking and he is running away. You better not try to blame this on me if we won't be able to get him, because this is clearly your fault- ''

My last word came out as a scream when Baekhyun suddenly sped down the road and raced after Felix. The pizza deliver boy during the day and racer at night, knew what he was doing. This neighbourhood was clearly his territory and he was taking every shortcut that he could possibly think of to try and get away from us. Narrow alleyways, the sidewalk and even a pedestrian area - nothing was off limits. He was fast and skilful, but Baekhyun wasn't bad either. His eyes stayed focus on the road and he was keeping up with him, but the problem was that Felix clearly wasn't planning to stop.

tempo » baekhyun ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara