50

Mina's POV

I went to the cafetaria hoping would met my lion cub. I brought my food tray on my hands while looking around the cafetaria just to found out that there's no Chaeyoung. I pouted but just shrugged it off. Maybe Chaeng just eat with Seulgi and Moonbyul in their class.

"Whatsup with that face?" Sana asked me while putting her food tray on the table and took a seat in front of me.

"Nothing." I replied her simply. I took out my ketchup from my pocket and pressed it with all my strength until my rice becoming red.

"Whoa! I know you love ketchup but... Tell me, what's going on!?" she slapped my arm lightly.

"Ouch.. Chaeng, she's not here." I hung my head low looking at my red rice in front of me. Sana's eyes softening and she patted my shoulder, "Maybe she just eat with Seulgi and Moonbyul somewhere else. Be calm." she said with that reassuring eyes and keep patting my shoulder.

"I know.. But she said see you tomorrow yesterday to me." I don't know but I'm being possesive right now. I can't be like this. Mina-ya, stop it.

"Aigoo. Trust me. You'll meet her la- Oh? Speaking of the devil, there they are. Seulgi, Moonbyul.. Oh?" Sana said while pointing on the back of me with that confusing face of hers. They saw us and walked to our table immediately.

"Where's Chaengiie?" I immediately asked them as it's weird not to see her with them here. I expected Seulgi to told me that Chaeng is in the bathroom or just stayed in the class. But instead, their face are in hella confused.

"W-what? What happened?" I asked them stuttering. Many negative thoughts came to me.

"We thought, Chaeyoung has already informed you? Chaeng doesn't go to school today. But we never heard anything from her." Moonbyul told me while taking a seat beside me. While Seulgi walked to the food counter to take some foods.

"No. She doesn't tell me anything." I answered her with a small voice of me.

"Hmm, don't overthink. Maybe she's just lazy." Moonbyul winked at me and just realized that Seulgi left her taking the food. She's cursing and stomped her feet to the food counter as fast as possible. When she saw Seulgi, she jumped and smack Seulgi's head. I laughed at their behavior. Such a friendship goal. But still, Chaeyoung distract my mind. Why she didn't text me at all since last night? Moreover, she didn't go to the school today. Nah, maybe I'm just overthinking. She is okay. Chaeyoung is okay. My love is okay.

.....

I walked home with a vanilla ice cream on my right hand while my left hand was in the pocket. Such a beautiful weather I had today. I spread my arms widely and suck all the air around me. But still, even the weather is this beautiful, I still wanted to know where Chaeyoung is. She's not texting me at all. Since last night. Maybe, I have to go to her house.

I stomped my feet to the different way toward Chaeng's house. I wish, she's just too lazy to kick her ass from the bed. I wish. I hope. And it will be.

After for like 5 minutes walking, I arrived at her house. It seems quite. I can't hear anything. I went inside and pressed the bell.

No answer.

Again, I pressed the bell hoping there's nothing serious happen.

Still, no answer.

I want to meet Chaeyoung. Hence, I pressed the bell for the third time. I can heard a clicking sound of the door signing that someone opens it. It revealed Chaeyoung's mom.. Is she crying?

When I just trying to call her name, she hugged me tight. Really tight than ever while crying.

"Eo-eomma.. What's wrong?" I asked her patting her back. Oh god, I have bad feeling about this but I don't want to assume it. Please.

"Chaeyoung-iie.." she said between her sobs.

"W-what's wrong.." without realizing, I can't speak clearly too as my breath were hitched by the bad feeling that grew up on me. Chaeyoung's mom keep crying hugging me.

"Eomma.. What's wrong!?" I didn't realize I raised my voice too to her. I just can't wipe away these fear feeling.

"I can't find her."