Chapter 1

Athena's POV

It has been ten years now. I'm surprised I'm still here to be honest with you.

I groaned pulling my sore body off my bed. My body was stiff. My ribs were covered in cuts and bruises from my father.

"Why do you let him do this to us? You are old enough to just run away."  My wolf asked me itching away at my mind to let her surface. I shook my head. "You know if I run away no one will be here to protect Sophia." I responded walking into my personal bathroom.

The title floor was cool to the touch under my feet. Closing the door softly I made sure to lock it before turning the shower knob to hot.

"Sophia is Eighteen years old. She can take care of herself. Michael is here to protect her, you have done your job. You and I both know we can escape easily with a fight if we have too." My wolf growled at me.

Rolling my eyes I carefully pealed off my clothes climbing into the showering wincing feeling the hot water on my bruises and cuts. "I know we can easily escape, but Michael won't go against Dad and risk him not becoming Alpha. He knows it is wrong what he is doing to me but he won't be able to protect Sophia if we leave. Now that is enough talk about it, now leave me be." I growled shutting her out.

Grabbing my coconut and vanilla scented shampoo. I put a good amount in my palm before scrubbing it into my hair and rinsing it out. I repeated the motion with the conditioner then I scrubbed my body carefully. I sighed heavily seeing blood run down into the drain.

"Great." I growled turning off the shower and climbing out. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned. Its not that I am weak and have a frail body. I kept up on everything. My muscles were well defined strength in my bones. Every beating I get stronger. Every cut and bruise defines who I am as a person. Shaking my head I grabbed out the first aid kit. I grabbed out the new skin liquid and applied it to the cuts that reopened wincing at the stinging feeling it left.

"Athena?!" Sophia's voice rang out into my room. I growled wrapping my towel tightly around myself before opening my bathroom door and looked at her. "Yes?" I asked walking over to my dresser pulling out a sports bra, a razor back tank top, and black leggings.

"You promised me we would go for a run. Dad approved of it as long as you don't loose me." She said rolling her eyes keeping her back to me as I pulled on my clothes.

"How can she be so obvious to what you do for her?" My wolf growled. Growling softly I shut her back out as I brushed out my hair looking at Sophia. "Well if you let me finish with my hair we can go out. Where did you want to go?" I asked watching her as she played with my blankets before looking up at me with his big blue eyes.

She looked exactly like my mother. Maybe that is why my father never laid a hand on her, she reminded him of what he used to love; what he used to have. Having my sister around is the only thing keeping him sane.  "Towards the north! Near the rouge land between us and the Northern pack." She said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and sighed knowing that was a dangerous place to take her but I wasn't going to upset her by saying no.

Putting my hair up into a messy bun, I grabbed my tennis shoes and threw them on. "Ready?" I asked forcing a smile at her. Sophia jumped to her feet squealing. "Yes!" she gasped taking my hand and pulling me down the stairs.

I froze seeing my father standing in the kitchen glaring over at me before smiling at Sophia. "Are you heading out?" He asked walking over and kissing Sophia's head. "Yes!" she said excitedly and kissed his cheek before smiling at me heading outside.

Before I could follow my sister I felt his tight grip on my arm. "If she gets hurt or worse I will kill you do you understand?" He growled in my ear. I swallowed hard trying to ignore the pain he was causing on my arm. "Yes Sir." I said. He growled and shoved me towards the door making me stumble some before I hurried out and looking at my sister seeing her bouncing around in her wolf form.

She was a light grey wolf with hints of black throughout her coat making her look almost speckled. I rolled my eyes and shifted painfully into my wolf. I was a golden white wolf. Quiet beautiful actually, more beautiful than my human form.

Sophia barked at me and nudged my side.

"Come on lets go!" She said into our mind link. "Lead the way you wish to do." I replied watching as she ran into the woods. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath smelling the earth, animals in the forest, pack members, and I could tell a storm was coming in soon. Rain was coming. I loved it when it rained. Cleaned the earth of all that was bad for a little while. Wish that happened with life also.

Shaking my head I noticed that Sophia was out of sight. I growled and took off into the forest following her scent.

Something was wrong. I could tell there were too many scents that I don't recognize at all. My heart started to race.

"Sophia!" I screamed into our mind link.

No answer.

"Something is terribly wrong. There are rouges in the area! We need to find her before she gets hurt and your father finds out!" My wolf screamed.

I shook my head and jumped hearing a scream. No! No! No!

Running for the scream I slipped into a wet clearing sliding across it some on my stomach, covering myself with mud. Standing I looked up at a group of rouges that were surrounding my sister. Fear was shown on her face. I growled darkly catching the attention of the rouges. I glanced back at my sister seeing blood sticking her fur together on her side.

Great.

Taking my focus away from my sister I looked at three rouges in front of me. I growled at them baring my teeth at them. Two lunged at me one knocking into my side the other biting down on my leg. I cried out in pain hearing my bones cracking.

Kicking the one off my leg I twisted and snapped my jaws around the other's neck locking my jaw in place thrashing my head around breaking his neck. I backed up to my sister growling at the other two.

Sophia whimpered behind me watching the rouge males in front of us.

Pinning my ears down flat to my skull; I growled at the men snapping at them as they slowly came closer.

Before either of us could make a move, a white wolf and a light brown wolf attacked the rouges in front of us. Sophia pressing into my side watching the two new males attack them.

I growled ignoring the pain in my leg. The two larger males finished with the rouges easily before turning to us. Then it hit me. We crossed the boarder into the Northern Pack.

I quickly recognized the males by their scent. The brown one was the Beta, Marcus, and the white wolf was the Delta, Leo. Leo looked at Sophia and growled darkly. I growled and limped in front of her pinning my ears down baring my teeth at him.

Sophia nudged my cheek. I turned at looked at her worried.

"He's my mate...I have to go with him Athena. I'm sorry." She said to me in our mind link. I watched as she slowly limped over to him pinning her ears down lowering her head. Leo sniffed her before licking her cheek then her side.

I whined and looked at Marcus seeing him motioning his head towards the boarder. Lowering my head I limped back towards home. Fear was building up inside me knowing that my father is going to be furious with what just happened.

"You can't go home! He is going to kill us for letting Sophia go with them! You know it!" My wolf screamed in my head.

I growled and shifted back to my human form screaming in agony. My screams attracted my pack as some ran over. I watched as a male picked me up yelling for someone to get my father before I passed out from pain.

Great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment and vote!

The picture if Athena's wolf!