Chapter six

Jugheads POV:
I followed quietly. My sleeve of my top was ripped. Showing the serpent tattoo. I groan internally. That will lead to a great conversation with Betty

They came to a room. I was ordered to sit down on a metal chair and did so. I waited quietly as I was secured to the table to 'prevent any issues'. I sigh. Leaning forward to rub my eyes. I was so tired.

I look around. I was completely alone. They were probably asking betty how she was and blah blah blah. I rest my head in my arms and drift to sleep

I wake to a loud bang on the table. A guard grinned and I glared. I saw betty walk in cautiously. I groan again. Realising she must know by now about the serpents.

After questioning about why I grabbed Betty I was left alone with her. I smiled quietly and she smiled back. "I'm sorry" I say. "I'm sorry if it scared you" she shook her head

"So. Your In a gang" I nod silently. She lets out a breath and I smile "southside serpents" I explain. She nods. "Aren't they video the and sell drugs?" She asks. I shake my head. "Not always. It's just a family really. That looks out for each other. I'll admit. Not the most rule following group of people. But we aren't murders. I promise" I say. Giving her a honest look.

She walked over and undid the handcuffs. I smile "you sure? After what happened last time" she nodded "I am. I trust you jug" my heart warms at the nickname.

"Tell me about yourself" I say giving her a small smile. She laughs lightly "I have two siblings. Perfect upbringing. Live in riverdale." I smile "ever been to the southside?" She shook her head. I nod "good"

She frowns "why?" I sight "because the southside isn't made for people like you betty" my raven hair fell in front of my eye as I talk. I brush it away quietly

"What happened to you. I read your file. Perfect student. Way ahead in all classes. Then it all went wrong what happened?" She asked.
My knuckles turned white. I took a deal breath and looked up "my dad got out in prison. My mum and sister left. I had to have someone. And the serpents offered themselves. That's what happened" I say. Ashamed "I guess sons do end up like their dads huh"

She smiled so pathetically at me. I growl "don't" I say sharply. She looks shocked "what?" She gasps. I shake my head "do the whole feeling sorry thing. It doesn't matter" she sighs. "I want to go back to my cell"
I say. Giving her a cold glare. She nods quietly and calls a guard in.

I stand up and leave with the guard. Shocked to see betty follow us. She talked to the guard quietly. I was walking ahead.

I smile seeing a fellow serpent. "Joaquin" I say nodding. He grins and gets up "Jones" he says back. We do the serpent handshake and talk for a bit.

"It turns out a raid is due. They will probably target serpents" Joaquin says. Watching the guard. I nod. Before being moved along by the guard.

I step into my cell. The bars slide shut and I hold out my arms. The guard takes of the cuffs and ushers betty in. My jaw clenches as I pull my arms back into the cell. I watch him quietly as he leaves.

I turn away from betty and peel my top off. With my back to her I'm sure she could see the scars. But I didn't care. I picked up another top and slipped it on before turning to face her.

She stood there silently. Taking in the small space. "It's a cage isn't it" she said I laugh roughly "yep. That happens to be what prison is" I say before sinking onto the metal shelf for a bed. "What are you doing in my cell?" I ask

She shrugs "I'm spending the night here" I stare at her blankly "your free choice. And you chose to stay in a cell?" I ask. She nodded and I groan. "You chose the worst day" I say. She gives me a confused look. Right as the raid sirens go off. "Told you" I say sarcastically before walking towards the bars

"What is that siren?" She asked. Sounding panicked. I laugh lightly "that would be a raid" I state. All the colour drained from her face. As my cell door opened. I walked out. Ignoring her and stood on the line. Waiting for the guards to start on my cell.