Hale

Xander's POV

"Welcome to Michelle's street coffee. What do you need?", speaking this line constantly for fifty times a day has made the words sound really annoying .

"Hello . I want an iced white peppermint chocolate mocha"

"Dude how can you drink something like that ? It's like pouring Christmas in a cup . I feel ashamed even making it .", I'm s judgemental guy, what else can I say?

"No it's a type of coffee that is just sweeter than the other ones and it's your duty to make it for me " , the guy pretty much looked around my age and the backpack kept on the chair beside him indicated that he is a student .

"Ok as you say. It will be here in about 10 minutes,  christmas is still months to come "

Working at Michelle's isn't the best experience for a person like me who  constantly gets anxiety from coffee and just started drinking it because every one started looking strangely at me in school after I slept in the chemistry lab with the burner on and the test tube on top of it . I'm thankful to this date that Dalton threw a pen on my head from other side of the room otherwise the outcome would have been something that I don't like to think about . 

I pour the coffee into a medium sized cup and add the white cream on top in a swirling form and go over to the last table to handle it .

"Here is your 'sweeter' coffee . I hope you will give me a good top as for today , I'm your Santa Claus.   Ho ho child ", I hear the guy give me a hiss as I leave the table laughing .

I clean up my working counter after the delivery and wait for Jess to show up for her shift so that I can leave for my morning classes.

"Xander .... you are still not packed! We have to leave in like 5 minutes otherwise we will be late again"

I see up to find Dalton standing right above my head with a scowl on his face which he never tries to hide . 

"What can I do? The queen is still not here and me , the slave has to make diabetec drinks for people " , my tag has slave written on it under my name with a black marker.

"Ugghh... why do you even work here?  You can't even have free coffee let alone give me some "

We both used to work together in a hardware shop in town but I left a year ago. That time Dalton was happy for me because he thought he will get to drink free coffee once in a while but the owner Mrs Michelle was strictly against this kind of affection,  even for her employees.

"Cause my body doesn't function with my mind and working in a hardware store was like the last nail in the wood" , I used to show up with bruises and cuts every day which I never knew how I get . The three months of working in that place were so horrible because mum wanted to send me to a counsellor due to the sudden cuts on my body and for the anxiety and restlessness that I was getting due to my new habit of drinking coffee .

"Yeah well that is true . But this place is also very weird . It's like entering the Disney village at 4 a.m and seeing all the employees with cheap coffee in hand and eyes like they are about to drop from the socket and bury themselves in a grave "

"O..kay that's like a really weird comparison . Did it happen with you? " , I know for a fact that Dalton is rich because he gave me a armani sweat pant on my birthday which to this date I only wear on special occasion nights so I'm pretty sure he has been to Disney too .

"Oh yeah.. I was about the age of 9 years and they day was horrible for both my parents and the Disney employees because I wouldn't stop crying about the fact that Cinderella wasn't wearing a blue gown but a crop t shirt with 'slay it' written on it and reading a book . Then mum went on to scold the disney people for not maintaining or as per her ' covering ' their personal life. I was scared they will ask us to leave early but at last they didn't" I wonder if I did something like that ... my mum would have dragged me out of the place herself .

"Huh great . When you said she was wearing a slay it t shirt I thought she will also be eating a bubblegum and watching a flip flop phone in her hand but I'm happy to know that she was reading ", I have visuals from pretty woman running inside my mind .

"Okay and by the way , we lost the fucking track of our conversation . Where the hell is that bloody queen?"

"I'm here.  Shoo misters,  leave! " , the half blue haired college girl , the queen Jess enters the shop leaving her backpack on one of the many tables .

"Finally!  Pack xan.  You  really have to leave this place soon, I can't handle seeing this blue head one more day"  Dalton starts keeping my books in my bag while I remove my apron which is just a black cloth that I brought myself .

"I know . I've applied for a job in the city's library . Hope I'll get it ,there is not much competition. " the library is a great place for me.
I'll get to read subject books whenever I want .

"Good then, I will finally be able to get something free from you,  even if it's just for a week"

I pick up my bag and we both leave for the campus leaving a scowling Jess in the shop .