♡ 07♡

jisung walked alongside hyunjin and felix to school the following morning.

"guys, so you know how i like this one girl. . .in real life, right?", jisung began to speak.

"the cupcake one, yea.", felix answered. "what about her?"

hyunjin stayed silent, but deep inside he felt an urge of what he really wanted jisung to say.

"i think. . .i think i'm gonna ask her out.", jisung said smiling right after.

"so, you don't like your secret admirer anymore?", hyunjin asked. "at all?"

"i still kinda do. but it seems like she doesn't like me.", jisung took in a deep breath before he continued speaking. "i don't want to give up on her. but really, if i'm ever going to continue with this, she's gonna need to reveal her identity."

"no, you need to find out.", felix poked jisung on the shoulder.

"no i don't.", jisung argued.

"yea, he d-doesn't have to.", hyunjin supported him.

"fine. good luck with your cupcake girl then. i bet you only like her cause she's hot.", felix said.

"that's not true. and you don't even know what she looks like.", jisung defended himself and then entered the school building with the two.

•••

"what is it hyunjin?", haemi asked the boy who kept following her all the way down the hallway.

"i need to ask you something.", he said, reaching out to her arm.

haemi led him to the exit doors and the two were alone in the corridor.

"what?", she asked. "i need to get to class."

"if jisung didn't like you back. would you still like him?", hyunjin asked.

"h-he doesn't like me back?", haemi stuttered.

"no, i'm sure he does. but i'm just wondering."

"well. . .i don't know. that's never happened to me before."

"okay.", hyunjin put his hands in his pockets and headed towards the main hallway.

"why are you asking?", haemi asked the boy.

"i'm just curious.", he said, picking up his pace.

haemi decided to forget about the conversation. she followed behind hyunjin to go to class.

•••

"haemi, what's wrong?", lisa patted her friend on the shoulder behind the counter.

she flinched a little bit and then turned to face her. "i don't know. i feel like a trash.", she sighed as tears started to fill up in her eyes.

~
i know the past notes have been really lame. but my feelings for you haven't changed a bit. let's say i was just an ordinary looking girl. . .do you like me without knowing who i am?

please circle: yes or no

and put this note back in the side of your locker.
~

jisung never wrote back to the note she gave him earlier that day. she got impatient. basically, it told her that jisung didn't like her for who she was.

jisung entered the cupcake shop, haemi thought she would be furious at him, but she couldn't bear to show it at this point.

the boy looked better than usual. something about him was different.

jisung stood at the counter in front of haemi, but didn't say a word. he just stared at her.

"uh. . .what kind of cupcake do you want today?", she asked nervously.

"haemi.", he tilted his head and smiled a little bit. "you're kinda dense."

"what?"

"i don't keep coming back for the cupcakes.", he reached out to hold onto her free hand. "i keep coming back for you."

haemi couldn't hide her blushing face. . .

"i like you a lot.", he continued. "go on a date with me. please, be my girlfriend."

. . .but this moment wouldn't let her escape the reality either.

haemi slipped her hand out of jisung's. luckily there weren't many customers in the shop so she wouldn't get dissed for turning him down. "sorry jisung. but i know you really don't."

"what?"

"you don't like me for who i am jisung. tell me truly if you like me only on the outside."

"i like you on the inside and out. stop denying it.", jisung said nervously. he was telling the truth.

"no you don't.", tears began rolling down haemi's cheeks. "i d-don't want to be your girlfriend."

jisung stared her upsettingly. there were no words to describe how disappointed and also confused he felt. he didn't know what he had done wrong.

haemi was wrong.

because this one time. the words in that note never came across jisung's eyes.
__