♡ 03 ♡

"you seemed so tired at school yesterday, whenever i'm tired at school people think i'm drunk so. . .i guess i'm always drunk, ha, ha.", felix read the note jisung got in his locker, out-loud during lunch time.

"gimme it back.", jisung pulled it away from him and read it once more for himself before putting it into his pocket.

"so, do you like her too.", hyunjin asked jisung as he ate his bag of potato chips. "cause you like that girl at the cupcake shop who you won't tell us her name, but you also like your secret admirer."

jisung tapped his fingers on the table and shrugged his shoulders. "i don't know if i like my secret admirer."

"why?", seungmin asked. "she or he seems so. . .chill and sweet. they obviously like you a lot."

"i know but, i don't know who she or he actually is so, i have to find out before i decide if i like them or not.", jisung answered.

felix looked up from his plate of rice and faced jisung. "is it cause you don't wanna date any ugly girl. or a guy."

"kind of, but not really. what if it's someone i already hate. i would never date them in a million years. and i really like ha- i mean, the cupcake girl anyways so, i'm good.", jisung chuckled.

"i'm gonna go sit with my girlfriend.", hyunjin got up from his seat.

•••

haemi and hanjae's staring contest was interrupted by a familiar voice they both heard. the two turned their heads to the front of the lunch table as hyunjin sat next to miyeon. "hey babe."

the couple shared a quick kiss and then faced back to the disgusted haemi and hanjae. "hey haemi. hey jaejae.", hyunjin told the other two.

"hi.", he they both said.

miyeon faced hyunjin. "let's go out. . .today after school?"

"uh. . .my mom is in the hospital.", hyunjin said quietly. "i'm gonna visit her today."

"she is?", miyeon asked. "since when?"

"yesterday.", hyunjin replied. he stared at the table and haemi and him made eye contact for two seconds before he looked back down.

haemi was shocked. hyunjin never told his own girlfriend about his mom yet. he told her.

"i hope she gets better.", hanjae told hyunjin.

"thanks."

•••

"hey haemi!", jisung excitedly walked up to the front counter in the cupcake shop.

the girl waved back at him and smiled as well. "hey jisung", she said. "what kind of cupcake do you want today?"

"hmm. . .", jisung put his finger on his chin as he looked up at the different flavours of cupcakes on the menu. maybe he wouldn't even order a cupcake today. "you guess.", he said, proceeding to rest his chin in the palm of his hands as he stared cutely at haemi.

the girl tried to hide her blushing cheeks by turning around to see the menu as well although she knew everything on it by heart. "a chocolate cupcake?. . .a double-vanilla one?"

"yes.", jisung clapped once. "i want a double-vanilla one."

haemi and jisung chuckled softly as lisa just stared at two as she leaned on her side of the counter.

"here you go.", haemi soon gave jisung his cupcake and he said 'thank you' before turning around.

"wait.", haemi called jisung back. he turned around immediately, taking a large bite out of his cupcake.

"mhm. . .", jisung mumbled.

"why don't you talk to me at school?", haemi asked. the question had always bothered her, but she felt that this was the right time to ask.

jisung walked towards haemi as another customer went to lisa. after he finished chewing he stared at her. "uh. . .its cause. . ."

"don't worry, i get it. you don't wanna ruin your reputation don't you.", haemi quickly got upset, holding the tears back into her eyes when jisung still stayed silent.

"n-no, it's not that.", he waved his free hand to her face. "it's just. . .uh. i can't let people see an average guy like me with a beautiful girl like you.", jisung lied. well, partly.

the girl smiled slightly. "yea, sure. go eat.", she said.

but haemi couldn't know the real truth. that jisung just didn't want his friends getting in the way of him and haemi,  trying to set them up any way possible. that was why he couldn't tell any of his friends haemi's name. the reason he always came to the cupcake shop alone.

but it seemed that one of his friends had already found out the half truth.
___