♡ 05 ♡

haemi finished work at around eight o'clock, but afterwards, her and lisa went to a restaurant to have a delicious dinner. lisa was picked up by her boyfriend and left because of an urgent meeting that he had that night. but it was hard to leave her close friend at that restaurant building. now, haemi had to walk home in the dark night.

"h-haemi! haemi-ah!", the girl quickly turned around to see hyunjin. he was walking so awkwardly, like every step he took, he could have easily fallen.

"hi. . .", he smiled and then hiccuped.

haemi finally came to the conclusion that hyunjin was drunk after spotting the bar near by. her first intention was to help him home, but even that was a struggle, so she ended up bringing him to her house.

"eomma, appa!", she closed the door behind her to see her parents watching something on the television. she held on tighter to hyunjin's arm. "this is my friend. he's not feeling okay, can he stay here for the night?"

her parents looked at hyunjin and then back at her. "okay.", her mom said. "but the guest room door is still jammed and the couches are small."

"it's okay.", haemi said, struggling to drag hyunjin up the stairs once he seemed to have passed out. "he can sleep in my room."

•••

hyunjin lay beside haemi on the other side of the bed. his eyes opened slightly for the second time. "thanks haemi.", he said. "i don't know how i'll repay you for this."

"it was nothing.", haemi said forgetting what she went through to get the boy up the staircase. "um. . .why did you drink? if your friends weren't with you, i mean."

"my mom. . .she's still in the hospital. the doctors say that they haven't figured out what kind of cancer it is yet. but they're running some tests and all that stuff. i thought she'd be discharged yesterday, but i guess not.", hyunjin said, anyone could hear the pain in his voice. "i got really upset. so i went there alone."

"aww hyunjin.", haemi reached over to give her friend a hug. "everything'll be alright if you just have hope, right? just focus on school, and before you know it, she'll be out and back on her feet."

hyunjin hugged her back. "i wish. but sadly that's not how cancer works."

the two then released and haemi moved back to the edge of the bed. "i'm sorry."

"don't be."

•••

"guys, i found out that my secret admirer is a girl.", jisung said happily as he closed his locker.

"cool.", seungmin said stuffing a cracker into his mouth.

"we haven't even reached the lunchroom and you're already eating.", felix told the boy. "is hyunjin eating with us today?"

"nah, he's probably with miyeon and her friends.", seungmin said.

•••

"did you actually reveal your gender in the note you gave him yesterday.", miyeon asked haemi excitedly. but hyunjin was sitting right next to her. miyeon and hanjae didn't really talk about the notes when hyunjin was around. the two of them knew that haemi would get uncomfortable for some reason. after all, they didn't know who her crush anyways. she wouldn't tell them.

and haemi knew hyunjin was a part of jisung's friend group as well, and he had probably seen or even heard some of the notes. but at this point, haemi felt like she could trust hyunjin more, they were starting to become closer as friends.

"yea. i revealed it.", haemi answered with a smile. hyunjin looked a bit uneasy and moved closer to miyeon while hanjae whispered into haemi's ear: "i thought you didn't like talking about the notes when hyunjin was around. does this mean that hyunjin isn't him?"

"hyunjin was never him. but he's my friend now so we can discuss the secret notes with him too.", haemi whispered back. trying not to give away that hyunjin was probably friends with the person she liked.

haemi had always wanted to tell her two best friends her crush. but she just couldn't. not everyone needed to know.

"uh. . .i'm gonna leave first.", hyunjin got up from the table. "see you later. bye miyeon."

little did haemi know, that becoming closer with hyunjin was a huge mistake.
__