The Oceanic

The man looking at the laptop screen once more. Clean ocean beds and waves that sound harmony make it reluctant to leave. He shouldn't expect the ocean can return to its original. Like it or not, believe in disbelief, lately in 2030 the ocean is not in good condition.

Suddenly a woman entered his room with shortness of breath. "Marvis, you will not believe what we just got," the woman said. Her name is Ellis, Marvis Secretary and his best friend since childhood.

Marvis was shocked because Ellis forgetting not to knock on the door. He let out a long sigh as he rub his face angrily. "Next time you have to knock on the door first," Marvis warned.

"Okay, sorry. But before that, you have to see this." She put a flashdisk on the desk.

Marvis picked up the object and immediately connected it to the laptop. Then he look at some pictures that had recently been taken by helicopter. These photos are about oceans that are no longer as blue as sky. And about the expanse of the ocean that is no longer free of plastic.

"The surface of the oceanic has been covered by plastic waste, the carcasses of fish are everywhere and the entire beaches is affected," Ellis explained in a worried voice. She was afraid that there would be no solution to this problem.

"That means a situation of marine life is more worst," added Marvis while looking up.

"Perhaps. What we do in this full week, well you know, it's be like there is no use," Ellis said, implying a disappointed tone.

Though only a few minutes ago he imagined the ocean would return blue with the waves rolling up the sand, not forgetting the seabirds that fly freely. Now all that will only be a dream.

"You successfully to make my head almost burst. Is there any other news except a bad news?" Marvis asked.

"We found the orca whale."

Again the successful Marvis was shocked. The problem is five years ago the orca whale was said to be a protected animal and two years later the whale included an animal population that would become extinct.

"Orca whale carcasses," Ellis corrected with a holding smile.

Marvis turned his eyes upset. "That's not a good news," he said still restrain vexed.

"So, what should we do now? Garbage accumulation in this week does not make any changes at all."

Silence.

"Marvis, we still have a chance, right?" Ellis asked again.

"Gradually the Earth will lose the oceanic and our destiny will be the same as the fishes. It's will be not happened like this if we are care of the marine life first." Marvis looked at Ellis with a sad expression. "So, the answer is ... no more chance. It is too late for give awareness to the world. Sorry."

"If only I can rewind the time, I will do the best for the Earth first." Then Ellis came out with tears flowing.

THE END.