Possessed/Evil Ash

Stranger Than Fiction

Once upon a time there was a village beside the sea, it was a ruled by a kingdom called Pewter just up the cliff from where the village was, said place laid between the sea and a thick forest. All sorts of Pokémon lived within that forest, and the towns folk lived in harmony with the nearby Pokémon, and all worked together to live happily – it was a stark contrast in comparison to the former kingdom that had once been there.

Many years ago there was a kingdom that was called Pokelantis, it was ruled by a Tyrant King, and it was because of his poor ruling that the end of his kingdom came about. It is said that he was obsessed with the idea to tame a legendary Pokémon named Ho-oh to, King Pokelantis wanted to rule the world with it, but this angered Ho-oh, and in its rage Ho-oh attacked the kingdom, and broke the dam that protected the king's castle was the ocean. The ocean poured in and caused a sudden landslide to bury the kingdom, no one survived and the kingdom of Pewter built its land over the remains many years later.

The kingdom itself was respected by the nearby Pokémon, as the rule from Pewter was much nicer than how Pokelantis treated them. However there was one Pokémon who wasn't so nice, he was very mischievous, and often liked to play tricks on the villagers, this Pokémon was a mysterious one, he liked to play tricks by teleporting objects, Pokémon, or even people through his rings – or even using those rings to steal food from Pokémon and people alike. The Pokémon was known to the villagers as 'Hoopa'.

Hoopa caused a lot of trouble, and so signs were posted all over the woodlands trails to warn visitors or merchants to be alert for the troublemaker.

There was a regular visitor to the village, he was from a much smaller village further along the coast, but because conditions along the coast were so bad, he had to traverse through the woods to get to kingdom's village, his name was Ash, and his business was to trade or sell clothes, or produce that he and his mother grew in their village. He also very good friends with one of the local young women in the kingdom's village, a girl named Misty, who was always very pleased to see him.

One day Ash and his Pokémon partner Pikachu were making a light journey to the kingdom. Ash had on him nothing but a traveling bag and Pikachu on top of his shoulder. "Ah," he said, stretching his arms out. "It feels so good to travel to Pewter vilalge without any burdens to carry with me. My back still hurts from the last time we were here."

Pikachu sighed in agreement. "And besides," went on Ash. "It'll be good to see Misty again..." he added, blushing slightly, this caused Pikachu to laugh. "Oh come off it," snapped Ash. "She's just a friend, it's not like I missed her to death or anything."

"Pika pika..."

Ash snorted. "It's not as if I'm that desperate to see her," he said, unaware that he had a spring in his step when he thought of how she looked. "It's not as if I have to see her. I can manage a visit to Pewter without needing to see her, it's not as though I miss seeing her in whatever dress she just got, or her eyes, or hair, or even getting to hear that voice of hers," then he realized what he was saying. "W-well, it's...just know that it's not because I miss her!"

Pikachu just snickered in response, and Ash just sighed in defeat, Pokémon were such strange creatures, how it was that they were able to read their long time human partners' minds was beyond him.

Unknown to either being, nearby was Hoopa, who snickered to himself behind a tree. "Oh ho-ho," he said to himself. "I was getting so bored with no one to play tricks on, but lo and behold suddenly I spy upon a young man and his Pokémon. They ought to be fun to play a few tricks on." He then quickly pulled out one of his mysterious rings and teleported himself away.