Malleus Maleficarum- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"That's gross," Dean said with a sigh.

"This cloth is probably cut from something Janet owned," Sam observed. Sam sighed and handed the bag back to you before continuing the trek to the Impala.

"So, we're thinking witch?" Dean asked.

"Uh, yeah, and not some new age wicked water douser either. This is Old World black magic, Dean. I mean, warts and all." You said. You three got in the car and Dean started her up.

"Man, I hate witches. They're always spewing their bodily fluids everywhere." Dean grumbled. Sam laughed at this but you sighed.

"I was thinking about something when I found it." You trailed off.

"What about?" Sam asked and both brothers turned to look at you.

"I was thinking about my powers and how I can move things with my mind and do all sorts of things and... what if I am a witch? I mean, that's the only explanation I have for it. But we never knew any witches who I could ask but since we're here, I thought... maybe..."

"You're not being all buddy-buddy with those witches, Y/N. You're not a witch, okay? If you were, we would have known about it by now." Dean said, turning to face the road.

"Then how do you explain what I can do?"

"I don't know but you're not a witch. For starters, you don't use animal bones and herbs to do spells, okay? I've never known a witch who could do spells without them. Second of all, you just figured this "power" thing out recently. And I think to be a witch, you would have to be born one or come from a family of witches. I'm not really sure how it works. So, you're not a witch. We'll figure out what your powers mean but it's not witchcraft." Dean said, putting an end to that discussion. You sighed and looked at Sam who shrugged.

"Okay, back to the situation at hand, someone definitely had it out for Janet Dutton," Sam said, bringing everyone back to the main problem.

"Yeah, someone who snuck into that house and planted the bag. So, what are we thinking, we're uh, looking for some old craggy Blair bitch in the woods?" Dean asked.

"No, it could be anyone. Neighbor, coworker, man, woman—that's the problem, Dean, they're human, they're like everyone else."

"How do we find them?" You asked.

"This wasn't random; someone in Janet Dutton's life had an ugly ax to grind. We find the motive, we find the murderer." Dean said.

"Yeah," Sam agreed and that was Dean's cue to take off. You looked out the window, the rain pattering against it. You've always loved the rain and found it soothing to listen to or to fall asleep to. You scooted closer to the window and watched the rain droplets fall down the glass and you concentrated on one of them.

You didn't know how you were doing it but you watched as one of the drops made a circle. It goes against gravity's laws but here you were, doing it with your mind. You involved other drops and made their paths do loops and other kinds of things before dropping the magic act. You sighed and leaned your head against the leather seat and wondered what this all meant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guys, I just thought of something." You said, perking up from the bed you were laying on.

"Which is?"

"If Janet was killed because of some jealousy act or whatever, her husband may be next."

"How do you know that?" Sam asked.

"For once, would you two stop questioning me and just do as I say? Paul could be dying for all we know and we're just sitting here with our thumbs up our asses." You said, getting up from the bed and walking over to the table and grabbing Dean's keys. You tossed them to him and he caught them easily.