"Whatevahh," she flicked her her wrist. "Anyways, you didn't answer my question. What brings you here?"

Climbing on her bed, both of us lay forming a diagonal on her bed, our heads in the centre. "The Mehra's have invited us for dinner tomorrow."

I wished my ears weren't by her face, because nothing could have prepared me for the sudden high-pitched squealing performance she was delivering at nine in the morning. I could literally hear the birds flapping their wings out of fear to fly away. "Ishita, Vansh hai, cockroach nahi! Chill dude."

"Oh my god, I'm literally soooo damn high right now-"

"-obviously-"

"-but you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this to happen."

I sat up, "Ishita, date pe nahi jaa rahi hoon. Full family hai, like ham bachpan me jaya karte the?"

"Honey," she followed suit, "doesn't matter. Ab family ko bulaya hai, kal akele me millega-"

"Ew Ishita, you're literally making me cringe. I'm never talking about this-"

"No no no no, I promise I won't say that again! Pakka wala promise, I swear," she pouted, pinching the skin of her neck. "Ab bestie ko chiddhane ka haq tho hota hai na."

I shook my head, "Fine, now shut up. I need your help with something."

"Along the lines of make-up and dress-up?"

"Absolutely not," I told her seriously, looking at her Hello Kitty night suit. "You have to stalk this girl from Easton. Ritwik ko pasand ayi hai."

"Ew, Easton? Seriously?!"

I agreed with her on that emotion. "He thinks I owe him, and we both know how disgusting he is."

"Suddenly, I'm pitying that girl. Kaun hai?"

And that's how we spent the afternoon definitely not studying  for our approaching class tests.

¿¤?

It was five in the evening when I came back home. (Un)surprisingly, the boys were over and were having the time of their lives playing Arnav's latest video game in the living room T.V., with empty pizza boxes and bottles of coke lying on what used to be the coffee table. My eyes landed on Vansh, his hair expertly styled, and lips rolled in, with an aggressively concentrated look on his face. I noticed he was wearing a pink denim jacket, the one he promised he'd lend me. Beside him, Karan had noticed I had arrived to disturb them, and he held my gaze for about thirty seconds before whoops and scowls filled the absent silence.

"What the hell Kro," Vansh hit his arm. "You could have easily defended tha- hey."

I smiled at Vansh, he was looking too adorable in pink denims.

"Please resume, don't stop on my account," I told them, kneeling down by the coffee table and pouring myself some cold drink.

"Yo hoe," Ritwik greeted me as I sat on the hand-rest of his seat.

"Yo bro," I high-fived his elbow. "You're going to thank me in five seconds."

He snorted while I retrieved the piece of paper Ishita had scribbled Ritwik's crush's number on. "I'm still against this, but-"

"Holy shit," he exclaimed, loudly, "I fcuking love you Vickey!" His arms came around my torso, and as much as I loved cuddling with this guy, he was suffocating me.

Heads had turned towards us at the sudden confession, but before I could free myself from him, my eyes had spotted the anger in the eyes of the guy wearing pink denim.