forty-two

||CHAPTER 42||
《¤》

It was 3:46 a.m. when I stirred awake. My eyes opened to the glowing light emitted out by the flat screen on the wall, and five bodies sprawled on the sofa and floor, and some hanging between. We had fallen asleep watching the show, and our exams were starting on Monday. We sure were an admirable group.

Slithely unwrapping myself from the blanket, I stood up to switch off the T.V. and went to my room. Somehow, I was wide awake, and knew I couldn't sleep again for a while. I didn't bother closing the door behind me; no one was awake anyway.

The dreamcatcer danced about its suspension as wind blew in through the windows. My laptop was on the window seat; I had been trying to get something on Mr. Gaur's case. I had not been able to get him on the internet- there were too many Samarth Gaurs and none of them seemed to be in their twenties or thirties.

But then something struck me. I had to get started instantly. Sitting on my bed with the laptop perched on my lap, I typed another name on the facebook Search bar.

How could I have kept Karan out of the whole equation? He was the reason why things got suspicious.

I'll let you think that.

Isn't that what he had said a week before his birthday?

So, with the laptop on my bed and Facebook on the third tab, I searched for Karan Bahl's aquantices. He obviously didn't have an account- none of us did, because Facebook was too boring and its users too inquisitive for our liking- but that didn't mean that his mother didn't. She was a Celeb Dietician with a raging online presence.

But scrolling through Neeti Bahl's feed and friendlist was boring- it consisted of several people who I didn't need to stalk. I had already searched for Mr. Gaur in her list, and came up empty. This stuff wasn't an easy code to crack.

And then it clicked.

Both, my brain and the mouse on some Dhriti Kaushal. Her profile picture- I had seen her face on the file that Mickey had provided me with. I knew I had hit the nail as I kept scrolling down through her wall. From her public information, I could gather that she worked for a pharmaceutical company, travelled a lot and had recently celebrated her twenty seventh marriage anniversary with her husband- Rajvir Kaushal, also a familiar face from the infamous file.

But their names? No, it did not ring any bell.

Now, this Dhriti Kaushal seemed to be a forty-something year old woman, leading quite a fruitful life. Scrolling further down, I stumbled upon a really old image- a picture of an old photograph. Her eldest son with curly hair behind her second son, preceded by her daughter in pigtails. Something about the kids looked eerily familiar. I observed the eldest son. Something was definitely hitting home.

And they grow up so quickly! Said her caption. I clicked on her comments bar to read through a few- my hunch was pricking my senses.

Saumya's still the adorable baby of the family!

They look so cute!

Party!! I heard Samarth is pursuing medical

Kissy to all the bacha party! Kotne jaldi bade ho gaye hai yeh.