Misty in Kalos

Pledged

Misty yawned long and loud as she stepped off of the seaplane's ramp and placed her feet onto the dock. "Ugh," she claimed, "finally solid ground after so long!"

"Oh, won't you – like – stop your yammering?" groaned Lily as she stepped up next her younger sister. "Such a bad first step, and it's only the first day of your vacation. Like, cool your jets."

"I'll cool my jets," replied Misty, as an eye of hers twitched, "once my mind can stop the repeating traumatic sounds of your snoring! Isn't that right, Azurill?" she asked towards her 'baby', who could only coo sleepily in agreement.

"I do not snore!" cried Lily, defensively. Misty just rolled her eyes as she angrily tightened the grip on her bag – she clenched her eyes and began to walk away. But after only a few steps she opened up her eyes and noticed the state the town was in.

"Whoa," breathed Misty, awed not having expected the place to look so festive. Lights hung from canopies, and Pokéball symbols were all over, from trees and bushes to all sorts of places. "What's going on here?"

"Ah, you must be new," a young man commented. "It's the Coumarine Festival today." Misty blinked, so the man continued. "It's a day when all of the residents and visitors of Coumarine go to the Pledging Tree – it's the site of our local gym – and give gifts to their Pokémon as tokens of appreciation. It's all done as homage to a story about how the man who planted the tree used it as a gift to his Gogoat."

"Oh! I see," replied Misty, interested. "Um...where would the gym be to drop off the gifts?"

"Oh, just over there," the man said, pointing towards where a very large tree was. "And if you need to go shopping, you can take the monorail to the town's biggest shopping district. Should be a very nice place for you two ladies to go to," he added.

"Wait! Hold on, shopping?!" said Lily suddenly, as she practically bolted from where she had been to the front of the young man, startling him. "As in – like – shopping, shopping? As in, big name clothes, perfumes, shoes, and snacks, like, that kind of shopping district?!"

"Um – er – w-well, yes..."

"Eek! Misty, c'mon! To that monorail, now! Shopping here I come!"

Misty squeaked in surprise as she was grabbed by the wrist and yanked by her sister away from the man who sweat-dropped as he watched the sisters leave. "Oh!" he called. "And don't forget about the festival!"

"We won't!" called Misty, despite the panic in her voice as she was flailed around by her sister.

When the two Waterflowers got to the station, they quickly boarded the train, Lily bubbling over with happiness, whilst Misty pondered over what to get her Pokémon. During that time, wearing a blue short-sleeved jacket, with spikey black hair that was covered by a red cap arrived at the station – he was accompanied by a honey hair colored girl with a black/grey tank top, red skirt with knee high black stockings, and a pink hat.

OoOoO

Misty had never seen Lily so amped up before, the pinkette bolted out of the monorail so fast, she swore her sister had been moving at the speed of sound. When they went about their shopping, Misty couldn't help but admit that some of the items she saw did interest her on a surface level, but nothing stood out to her in regards to her Pokémon. But Lily fawned over everything.

"Honestly," grumbled Misty to herself, "she's impossible to deal with some days." Luckily, Misty did happen to see a few items that caught her attention. She managed to find a nice blue sailor robe for Politoed, and she figured that Psyduck and Azurill wouldn't mind a snow globe each – but the rest of her team were enigmas to her.