"Everything's fine." I comfort him but he doesn't listen. "In 2 minutes I'm gonna have to confess to my mates brother that I'm gonna mate with her. Which is implying exactly what he will think. In 10 minutes I'll be dead. In a day Colton would have sat you down more times than you would have stood up. In two days you will be hiding in the car eating the corn Diesel smuggles you. A day after that Colton will probably catch you. In a week I'll be buried and you will be pushing a watermelon out your vagina." He pauses and the cupboard door creeks open.

"Tell me now that everything will be fine."

"It's funny you think it will take 10 minutes for Bates to kill you." I throw a spoon at Colton but instead of it hitting him or dodging it, he caught it. "Just do what I did." He takes a swig on his beer.

"That's right Cody take advice from the guy who kidnapped me." I open the cupboard fully when I hear Bates open the door. "Well he got you pregnant and you love him more than life."

"Don't take his advice!" I shriek and push him towards the living room where Bates and Ava are already sat. I shut the door with them all inside and shared a glance with Colton. "Diesel is smuggling you corn on the cob." He cocked an amused eyebrow.

"You stopped buying them and won't let me use the car!" I walk as fast as possible (so not that fast) up the stairs.

Shit.

"Office door again." I mummble to myself and I go to close it before I notice all the papers on the desk again. I waddle in and pick up one of the letters.

Dear Alpha Dowry,

The council of elders have gathered and we a hereby rejecting your request to expand your territory. After recent letters that have expressed our concern for your future and now current relationship with your mate. We have developed enemies from packs and we have decided to decline your request as you did not head out words. Taylor Dowry is not welcome in our pack due to her parents recent incrimination of breaking pack laws. We will not approve your request.

Council of Elders.

It was dated from two weeks ago. What did I just read? I grab the bin full of paper and emptied it onto the floor. I sat down on the floor and uncrumpled all the papers.

We acknowledge your newly found mate. We do not except her.

We refuse her.

The ceremony will not go ahead.

You have defied us too many times.

We reject your proposal.

We reject your inquiry.

And then I saw the newest letter. I grabbed the unopened letter from the desk and ripped it open.

Dear Alpha Dowry,

The elder council has decided action needs to be taken to ensure our future for our pack. The Amor family has been taken care of and Cody Stoe has returned to his rightful rank. However it has been brought to our attention of the part your mate has played within the downfall of Cody Stoe. We believe she was responsible in luring the Alpha into the trap set by the Amor household. This has to he dealt with immediately and if successful we can ensure the expansion and declaration of new territory.

Elder council.

"Tay-"

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" Bates pushes open the office door and no doubt did he see me in a pile of screwed up papers and my own tears. My feet hurt and I don't think I could get up so I slumped back against the desk. "Taylor, c'mon tell me what's wrong?" Bates crouches beside me after shutting the door.