(8)

Taylor POV

I could feel my eyes slowly opening and the world coming back into focus around me. Wind blew the curtains in and I found my self snuggling deeper into the covers. Instead of the usual things that plague my mind in the morning like: breakfast, what I should where and I wonder what Darren's up to. No, all I could think about was the man laying next to me with his arm secured around my waist. I asked him to kiss me on my lips last night because I didn't have the balls to do it by the lake, I'm not entirely sure why I want a kiss but June did say the mate bond gets stronger every day.

"Good morning." His voice is so deep and rough in the morning my wolf wants to purr underneath him. "Good morning." He sits up and tucks me by his side, the feeling of his warmth has my stomach doing somersaults. After a few minutes off comfort with my mate I get up from the bed. Collecting my clothes from one of the bags, I go into the bathroom to get changed and brush my teeth.

"Can I go around the pack today?" I ask innocently trying to act unaware this is the conversation that had caused an argument before. "You can come with me and warn off anyone who thinks they have a shot?" I open the bathroom door and peak my head around. He stares at me before rolling over and growling into the pillow.

"Fine but any guy so much as looks at you, there heads will be off and I'm taking you home." He reminds me and I climb back on the bed next to him. I say 'next to' but it really wasn't, I crawled up the bed and over his bare chest until I was straddling him. "I don't know what's up with me, I just want to be near you like-" I shake the thoughts from my head but immediately feel my blush give them away.

"It's the bond, it just gonna keep getting stronger and it'll be ten times worse because we haven't mated." I hover over him and brush my lips against his. His hands rest on my waist and Colton leans in for another kiss- a deeper kiss. Tongue slips through and I feel him in my mouth, I grab his neck and pull him closer while continuing the kiss.

"Feel better." He asks me before stroking my cheek with his index finger. "A little....that was a good first kiss." I commented and unmounted from his chest which is probably for the best, I don't want Dowry Jr. getting too excited.

"I was your first kiss?" Colton cocks his head to the side and I nod, I think it felt a hundred times better because it was with my mate but I can't help feeling his game was accurate. "So that means I'll be your first-"

"Yes you will, can we drop it I wanna go?" I don't want to think about that right now because everytime the thought crossed my mind I think about the hoes he's been with. See,now I'm thinking about it. "Okay, okay. Let's get breakfast first." I grabbed Coltons hand without thinking and pulled his extremely heavy body to the top off the stairs.

"Sorry." I looked at our hands and dropped them but Colton just chuckled and took my hand back in his. It was comforting to know that the bond is affecting him not just me. "Nobody who is a male can look at me or you will die." I hid behind Colton who stopped in the kitchens doorway.

"Okay, we've turned around." Diesel replied back to me. I laughed and stepped around Colton not afraid to put my hands on him when I wobbled. "Thank you." Though they did turn back around when Colton and I sat down at the counter.

"Where's Isla?" I ask Maxen and he finishes his food before sitting back in his chair. "She's at work."

"Because she actually brings in money." I hit Colton on the chest and inwardly grin when he just holds his hands up in surrender. We both grab a piece of fruit from the fruit bowl and head out. "Bye." I call back to the boys who salute us before we disappear out the door.

"Why is your house not in the centre of the pack land?" I take a bite out of my peach and look up to Colton who is devouring an apple. "Because I am the strongest in my pack. The house is at the edge of the land because that is where the threats will come from." He explains taking another bite out of an apple. We approach the pack house where the joyful memory of Colton and I playing tig with the children.