chapter seven

Thomas read Mia's sign when he greeted her. "No excuse for animal abuse."

Mia nodded her head.

Thomas sat down next to her. "I'm guessing the poaching and animal abuse are connected somehow?"

She nodded again. "My mom loved birds, and taught me about them when I was little. She taught me about the bald eagle, and that it was endangered. My father was a huge hunter. One time, he took me with him. We were hiding behind a bush, and my father had his gun aimed high up. He shot it and killed a bald eagle. When we went home, I told my mom, and my parents got into a huge argument. Afterwards my father went on a rampage, and shot our dog. He went to prison for three and a half years for killing both animals."

"So he's out of jail now?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah. I don't know where he is now. He didn't ry to contact my mom or me when he got out."

"Do you miss him?"

Mia didn't respond right away. "Sometimes I miss the person who would push me on the swings, or take me out for ice cream. I don't think I have ever missed him, though."

"I feel the same way about my mom. She left when I was eleven. It was right after my dad won the election."

Mia leaned here head against Thomas' shoulder. "Do you blame him at all?"

"Sometimes, I feel like that if he didn't win the election, that she wouldn't have left. But sometimes I feel like sooner or later she would've anyways."

Thomas continued. "That's my biggest fear I think. People leaving me."

"I won't leave Thomas."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello my readers! 

how do you like the story?

it's almost over! one more chapter left!

what's your favorite part of this chapter?

mine's the end where Mia promises she won't leave. :)

you see more of Thomas' past in this chapter :)

any questions?

please vote for this story during the allotted time: August 16 through September 13. thank you very much.

GOALS:

Votes: 35

Comments: 18

Question of the Chapter:

who was your first real crush?

mine was this guy i met at a camp, and we ended up talking afterwards for almost three years. that didn't turn out so well :/ lol

thanks for reading!!

p.s- have you heard of the song Battleships by Daughtry? it's from their new album Baptized, which is really awesome! :) lyric video to the side :)