30 Day Writing Challenge Day 13:

Favourite book

Okay so I had to think a long time about this one.
In the end I decided to split this chapter into two parts.
The first part will talk about the, in my opinion, best book series.
The second part will deal with the best single book.

So yeah this is the first part.
The, what I think to be, best book series to have ever been written has to be "Skulduggery Pleasant" series.
These books are about a hidden magic society embedded in our own and protected by the secret magic government, of which the walking skeleton Skulduggery Pleasant is a part of. He is a 900 year old human who, after a giant war of the magic world, dedicated his life to protecting the wizard world and make it remain undiscovered.
This goes on for quite some time until a famous author who was part of both the magic, but also the mortal world. He was assasinated and his niece Stephanie Edgley is the key to beinging back the old gods to destroy the world. Yes, the bad guys are nihilists and want the world to end.
Anyway, the small girl gets pulled onto the magic world and ends up being the partner of Skulduggery.
Together they conquer the world in an attempt to stop the bad guys from killing half of humanity, covering up the truth about the magic society and also fight the mosr powerful being to ever come into this universe.

All in all this series of now 11 books (9 original ones, and two rather separate ones without one of the main protagonists) has everything you need if you like fantasy.
It has a dark, but hilarious humour, amazing dialogues and a thrilling story. It is rather plastic when it comes to violence and murder, or rather death and pain itself, but for people with strong nerves, this is definitely a book for you!
I just really like the authors writing style and overall the world he created by writing these books. Although not as widely known, these books are still an absolute banger and deserve to be read by all of you!
In case you are interested, Skulduggery Pleasant - Scepter of the Ancient is the first part of the series. Just.... Just read it okay? It's worth the 20$ okay?

Now I have some honerable mentions before going on to the best book:

- Ironfire by David W. Ball. A book about the war between the osmans and the small island Malta.

- Black Out by Andreas Eschbach. A book about the faith of humanity once technology becomes too advanced.

- The Harry Potter series. I dont think I have to explain this.

Now, as for the best single book, the best in my opinion is The Life As We Knew written by Susan Beth Pfeffer.
This is actually also part of a series but the other two parts are not as good as the first one, while still amazing.
Anyway, this book deals with the world after a meteor hit the moon, pushing it thousands of kilometres nearer to the earth.
This causes giant natural disasters all over the earth, and overall the end of humanity as we know it. Billions of people die.
All electricity is gone and the food chains are depleted. Supermarkets are all closed and will be for years. Now it is time to see who can survive the world as it now is.
The whole book is a diary written by the 16 year old girl Miranda in which she writes what happened and how her life changed.
This is a very serious but thrilling book that shows you the dark side of humanity. The side that we only show of we are on danger of surviving.
Although barely any joy is contained in this book, it still is the best book I ever read.

So yeah, these were my favourite books... I highly recomment reading all of them.
Anyway this was it for today.
Grab a cookie on the way out! 🍪
Buh-bye!