30 Day Writing Challenge Day 1:

So yeah through a friend of mine who introduced me to this, I wanted to start the 30 Day Writing Challenge.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with how this works, let me explain.

If you would look at the picture I tagged a the top of the story, you can see a list with 30 different assignments.
Each day of this challenge, I will have to write something about the associated topic.
So this means that for today, I will have to describe my own character.
So yeah, that's basically it. Now lets start with the challenge already!

Day 1: Describe your character

I always found it hard to do that if someone asked me to. Even if wasn't for me, but for someone else's character. Limiting a person to a couple traits that most likely represent them as a person always had a sort of bittersweet touch to me.
I mean, it is nice to see what others or maybe even you yourself think of you. But its also a very shallow picture that others make of you.
Anyway, I will try my best to do so.

I guess that the fact that I have the Asperger's Syndrome kinda plays into the whole character-thingy.
Through that I have been blessed with the abilities to better follow discussions and also to be a bit more intelligent in general. I say all that in hopes of not getting to the top page of r/iamverysmart or r/humblebrag....
You know what I am trying to say.

Whatever, this also brought some flaws with it. I am extremely introverted if I dont know you very good.
If I have my bed and Wifi, I could stay there for the rest of my life.

I can be really choleric and irascible. This often makes me hurt other people or even family and friends in ways I didn't want them to be.
But I guess I make up for that with a very dark but good sense of humor that I noticed find most people I am around good as well.
I even wrote some comedy texts once...
Now that I speak of writing, I guess I have to talk about that to since it has formed my charavter ever since.
I actually haven't started writing like I do it now since I have turned fourteen year old. My father had worked in a bookstore for years and always brought me new books to read. This combined with the fact that I started reading before I went to elementary school made me very interested in overall literature from a very young age on.
But writing... It just never stuck with me for a long time. I had tried it a lot of times, but it just never was what I wanted it to be. But that changed when my father brought a book home.
The title said "How to write a book". So yeah, I read that then. And that was when I noticed what I was doing wrong, and what could have been improved. And from that point on I started writing. Writing everything anywhere and always. From short stories, down to entire books and even poetry. This has become my passion and I still very much enjoy doing it.

Phew that was a lot of unnecessary stuff.... But oh well, I am very talkative sometimes....
I love to argue with others and to talk in general. But this makes me sometimes seem like a wise-ass. A lot of people think that I want to brag about what I know. But this is just my lack of social interaction over the past years that made me inable to know when it was enough.

At this point I want to give you some honerable mentions before what I consider to be the character trait that most accurately describes me. This list was actually made by Feelslikebeinginlove not to long ago:

Good listener
Kind
Helpful
Trustworthy
Creative
Funny
Smart
Sincere
Chatty
Non-judgemental

It is arguable if, and how accurate these traits represent my character, but oh well...

Anyway, here is what I consider to be number one:

I am a thinker.

This can be seen as either good or bad, depending on how you look at it.
I guess that the ability to thoroughly think of your actions before you actually perform them can be very good. This way a lot of inappropriate or unpleasant interactions can be avoided. It can also be a nice escape from reality sometimes. Especially if your anxiety is at an all time high because of trigonometry...

But the thing is, this way I think way to much. You will hear about this at another point of this challenge, but I want to talk about it now as well.

Sometimes, I tend to overthink what others say or act like.
I become so invested in thinking about what they could mean or think, that I don't find time for myself anymore, and submerge down into the abyss that is interpretation.

Then I come to completely ridiculous and also just plain wrong assumptions that drive me crazy and make me sleep like shit for days straight.
And this can happen whenever and wherever I go.
But I guess I shouldn't complain. It is still better than 99% of the things that I imagine happening to me sometimes....

So yeah I guess that was it for today.
Thank you for reading this far and not falling asleep through this I guess....
Oh and shout out to Feelslikebeinginlove for getting me into doing this!
Anyway guys, smell ya later!
Have a cookie on the way out 🍪

Buh-bye!