30 Day Writing Challenge Day 6:

Single and happy

Yes I am single. Yes I am happy. Yes that works. Yes there are people that think that this doesn't work. Yes there are people that think this works.

I don't have too much experience with being in a relationship. I guess I had someone who I called a girlfriend back then, but I don't do now. I guess it was some form of relationship. But its not that I am a relationship master or something.

But I can say that I have phases where I wish I had a girlfriend. Someone I could tell everything. Its no that I couldnt tell my friends everything. I have wonderful friends I can always talk to and tell everything. But its just something different to have a girlfriend to talk to.

From kindergarten on, I was always pressured into being into someone, or having a crush on someone or "loving" someone. Everyone just went like "So who do yoouu like?" And I was just "Shiet I dunno man. I guess Lena? She's cute." And from that on I always felt obligated to have a crush on someone. And that even worked. I dont remember times where I didn't like someone. It wasnt like I actually had a crush or truly loved someone. Whenever I didnt have a crush on someone I would always be like "Wait. Shit that isn't normal is it? Shouldn't I be liking someone? Um um.... Well... I guess... Well, Maria? Yeah she is nice" and then I would think I had a crush on a girl I didn't even knew just because I thought it was how it worked.
And that held on for a long time. Until two years ago actually.
And all of that changed when I met her but you will hear of her another time.
Anyway, I am single to this day and I don't regret not jumping into any relationship I could find. Not that I would have been able to if I wanted to, since I am a little gremlin sitting in front of his PC for 25 hours of the day. But that's another story.
But yet I still am happy. I do like love and I think I even need it. But just knowing that I love someone, and being able to think of that person, getting these butterflies in the stomach even after two years of knowing them, that is just so satisfying on its own, that I don't always feel the need for a relationship.
Of course I wouldnt say no to it, but I don't want to actively spend energy on it, if it doesn't develop on its own. To some extent at least.
So yeah, it actually is possible to be single and happy. I know it might seem strange to some of you already having had 20 girl/boyfriends in their lives, but yes. It is possible.
(Yes I am well aware that I have like 2 active readers, but I still live in hopes of being famous some day... So just leave me alone with this.)
I hope this answers today's question and gave you a satisfaction answer.

Anyway, grab a cookie on the way out! 🍪
Buh-bye!