Chapter One: The OASIS

It was the year 2045, and everyone just didn't really care about their problems anymore. After all, the story begins with a young Cuban boy who goes by the name of Lance McClain. At the age of 18, he was always by himself and cruising everywhere just to avoid other people. But he was also good at it, and it just didn't matter to him.

Besides, everyone tended to avoid each other rather than come together like society should.

Anyways, Lance managed to sneak out of his apartment and head to his hideout to enjoy life the only way he knew how. Considering reality was just a downer that no one really wanted to live in it anymore. Which meant that there was nowhere left for anything to go. Except for one place, the OASIS. The OASIS was a place that was created with the mind of Alfor Altea. With him creating this, he saw the future of the world. And this made him a hero to everyone in reality, for he built that future.

The OASIS is a place where the limits of reality are people's own imagination. With this world, anyone could do anything they wanted, go anywhere and be anything they wanted. Everyone who goes here expands the OASIS, making it so the legacy could live on.

Everyone comes here for all the things they can do, but they stay, for all the things they can be. The avatars of every person is unique, they can be tall, scary, live action, cartoon, etc. After all, it's all based on their imagination.

Anyways, while Lance was in the OASIS, he was BlueL1on, Blue for short whenever no one wanted to say his full username. This is what his avatar looks like:

 This is what his avatar looks like:

"Locate Chef." Blue told the computer.

With a beep and the tracker to find him, it found Chef.

Chef, or Y3llowChef when talking about his username, is Blue's best friend in the OASIS. As well as kind of his best friend period. Despite having never meeting him in reality. He was in Sector 12, Planet Doom. Even though Chef was easily a coward sometimes, it was also easier to go there to pick up coins to keep someone levelled up. Chef was also a mechanic, often fixing the vehicles for all avatars.

"Hey, Blue!" Chef said through the video chat.

"Dude, the next race is in twenty minutes and I can't do the late one," Blue said on his side of the line. "What the hell are you doing?"

But because Chef was busy shooting avatars up, Blue couldn't see his face, but he could see what his friend was doing. Even got a glimpse of two other friends of theirs, Paladin and Rover. They also were taking people down and collecting coins and artifacts.

Artifacts may seem like they aren't important, but it's the complete opposite. Alfor made sure to scatter enough randomly powerful stuff everywhere for people with the skills to earn it. For example, Chef got an artifact that if someone wears it, they can turn into any kind of giant robot for two minutes. Death matches and artifact hunts were good ways to coin-snatch, but depending on the level of armor, it was also pretty risky.

After all, everyone starts out the same, but the more coin they earn, the more they level up. If they get killed, the avatar can come back to life but.....they lose all their stuff. Everything they worked for, all the money, the clothes, the weapons, everything.

Some people spend all their time in the OASIS, and sometimes it doesn't do them any good.

Blue noticed that the next race started in ten minutes and made sure to remind Chef of it as well.

"Okay, Mom, I heard you." Chef spoke sarcastically.

The OASIS was the "child" of genius Alfor Altea. His partner, Coran Gorgeous, released the first OASIS built in 2025. It was such a huge hit, that it made them both very rich. Coran was out of the picture after a few years. But Alfor? He wasn't just the owner of the world's biggest company. He became like a god, everyone loved him. They worshiped him as much as they did his creation.

But on January 7, 2040....He died. But it wasn't like he didn't leave anything behind for his legacy. What he left behind, changed everything.

"Hello, I'm Alfor Altea. If you're watching this, I'm dead. Before I died, I created what we in the biz call an "Easter egg." A hidden object in a game that gives special powers to whoever discovers it. The first person to find the egg that I've hidden somewhere in the OASIS will inherit my stock of my company, currently valued in excess of half a trillion dollars' worth and will have total control of the OASIS itself. In the form of my avatar, Alorak the All-Knowing, I created three keys. Three hidden challenges test for worthy straits revealing three hidden keys to three magic gates. And those with the skill to survive these straits will reach the end, where the prize awaits. Off you go keys. The keys aren't just laying around under a rock somewhere. I suppose you could say they're invisible, hidden in a dark room that's at the center of a maze that's located somewhere up here. Let the hunt for Alfor's Easter egg begin."

These news were so huge that almost anyone would try to do it. Especially Blue and his determination.