Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The following night Sirius and I decided it was time to start working on the Transfiguration project. 

It was really awkward. The two of us just sat there saying absolutely nothing to each other for the longest time. Sirius was balancing his chair on the back two legs while trying to throw crumpled up pieces of paper into a nearby trashcan, while I just sat there reading the assignment packet over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. 

I decided it was time for us to actually get stuff done, so I spoke up, "Okay, we won't ever get anything done with you just sitting there acting pissy, and refusing to say anything to me." 

"I'm not pissy," Black snapped. 

"Uh yeah, just a bit." 

"Am not," he argued. 

"Are so," I argued back in a childish manor.

And that went on for who knows how long before some second year sitting on the opposite side of the Common Room yelled quite rudely to the two of us, "Would you two just shut up already?!" 

So we did. 

For a while. 

Like a good fifteen minutes. 

We didn't talk at all. 

Not one word. 

Until this time Black spoke up and said something that I never would have thought would ever in a million years come out of his mouth (or at least aimed towards me), "How about a truce between the two of us." 

I looked at the dark haired boy shocked at the words I had heard. 

"I mean, just for the length of this project," he added. 

Of course. 

"Okay, truce?" I said. 

"Truce," he agreed. 

Sirius and I had surprisingly gotten a lot done that night after we had declared a truce.  And honestly it seemed so strange to actually be acting civil around Black and to have him be acting the same towards me. 

It had been approximately a week since Sirius and I had decided to act civil towards one another, and honestly, it had been one of the best weeks at Hogwarts in a long time. 

We all stood in the stands watching a big Gryffindor vs Slytherin quidditch match, and I felt someone grab me from behind. 

I let out a small squeal only to find that it was Carson. I smiled immediately after his face came into my vision, and he lightly kissed my lips. 

Because yes, as of last night, Carson and I are a couple. 

I don't even want to think of describing how excited Lily was once I told her the news. 

Not even halfway through the match, Carson and I had decided that it was extremely boring and went to do something a little more... entertaining. 

So while everyone else was cheering on their houses, Carsona and I were making out down by the Black Lake. 

~*~

"Why do we have to have so much work?" Tyler droaned on one day on our way to dinner. 

"Well it's kinda school, we get work in school," I responded. I honestly just wanted to get into the Great Hall so that I could head over to the Hufflepuff table and be with Carson, since meal times is one of the only times that I could actually be around him. 

Since I have to go by the Gryffindor table to get to the Hufflepuff table, Lily saw me and called me over. 

"What?" I asked, a bit rushed. I just wanted to get over to the Hufflepuffs to sit with my boyfriend. 

"Sit with us today," Lily whined. 

I glanced over to Carson and then back to Lily. 

"Pleaseeeeee, you always sit over there." 

I looked back over to Carson who was now watching me and mouthed that I was going to sit at my table today. Emotionless, he turned his attention away from me. 

I sat down between Remus and Bel. 

For once it was actually quiet between the group of us. It kinda of felt as if I had walked in just as the lot of them were talking about me. I don't know, it atmosphere was just awkward. 

Then Peter spoke up, "So how bout that weather we're having? Yeah, weather. Clouds. Weather. Sun. Weathery." 

"Peter, shut up," Black said to him with an annoyed tone in his voice. 

Potter leaned over towards the group of us and in a loud whisper said, "I heard somewhere that Dumbledore and McGonagall are having an affair." 

The rest of the guys sitting near us seemed shocked, yet also looked as if they believed what Potter was saying. 

Luckily Marlene interrupted their brief chatter about the so called "rumor" by basically laughing in their faces and then loudly saying, "How have you guys not noticed that Dumbledore is like, too gay to function." 

Not even minutes after that little conversation, Dumbledore stood up from his seat and the hall went dead silent. 

"The staff and I have decided that as a treat for the abnormally well behaviour from most of the students here, that Hogwarts will be hosting a ball for all fifth through seventh years--" 

There was a large amount of "booing" and disagreeing chatter coming from the younger students. 

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore shouted, bringing the noise level back to as it had previously been. He then continued going on about the ball, and as his speech came to a close his gaze fell upon the upper half of the Gryffindor table, where the bunch of us sat. He then very loudly spoke, "And I can function just fine, thank you very much." 

A/n Hi. So I kinda disappeared again. Whoops. And honestly I have no clue when I'm going to disappear again. With you guys luck, this may be the last you'll ever see of me. 

I'M KIDDING. I always come back, don't I? 

But a big shout out to @AllyFrally because if it weren't for her, you guys wouldn't have gotten a chapter from me tonight. So go follow her as a thank you:) 

Alrightyy, byee;*

COMMENT, VOTE, Fan<3

~Megan.